Expand stomps and mod effects to midi switches

• I would love to be able to add more stomps and mod/delay/reverb effects than the current 4 switches allow- controlled via midi footswitches. The ability to control two separate stomps/effects with one switch on the Stage is great but, in my case, is rarely helpful in live situations. I like to layer effects and stomps and be able to turn each one off and on individually, and that is pretty limited within a single performance patch. I know there is the mod function which adds flexibility, but it’s not quite the same as using multiple different effects. All of the new effects are SO good, I just want the ability to use more of them like I would have on my old pedalboard.

• You could add analog switches and set them to control any module you want to. For example you could add a pair of dual footswitches assigned to Stomp A and B for one and Stomps C and D for the other. Then use the buttons I - IIII for the X to Rev FX. There are even companies making a single 4 button switch which would work nicely.

EDIT.

I’ve just noticed that you wanted midid control o pf those switches. That can already be done by sending the correct controller numbers. Pages 296 and 297 of the manual have the list of CC numbers.

• I think the op wants additional fx besides the 4+4 fx buttons we already have. Correct?

A small workaround could (possibly) be to employ fx that have multiple processing, ie the rev and delays have a modulation/chorus effect. With a bit of tinkering (morphing) you could get these to act as either or both effect. Limited, I appreciate, but saves employing extra hardware.