Kemper stage and 1 expression pedal

• Hi guys, really excited, I got a kemper stage as a backup/rehearsal unit so I can leave the powered rack and remote only for gigs.

I had 2 mission pedals on the remote, one as morph pedal the other as wah. Now i'd like to use one pedal instead.

I Got the morph to work, wah as well

But while the wah is active the morphing happens as well, what am I missing ? I'd like the morph state to stay active while rocking the pedal !

Is that possible ?

Thanks

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• That's not possible with one pedal and MorphPedal to Wah. How should the PROFILER logically know, which pedal moves are intended for the Morphing and which for the Wah? With MorphPedal to Wah the pedal does both all the time: Morphing plus Wah. The same applies to MorphPedal to Pitch. You need to organize your Rigs so that there is only Morphing or Wah or Pedal Pitch effects exclusively.

You could also disengage MorphPedal to Wah, set up your pedal as exclusive Wah Pedal. And then trigger Morphing with the Rig Buttons of your Stage. It allows to toggle between Morph Sound and Base Sound.

• That's not possible with one pedal and MorphPedal to Wah. How should the PROFILER logically know, which pedal moves are intended for the Morphing and which for the Wah? With MorphPedal to Wah the pedal does both all the time: Morphing plus Wah. The same applies to MorphPedal to Pitch. You need to organize your Rigs so that there is only Morphing or Wah or Pedal Pitch effects exclusively.

You could also disengage MorphPedal to Wah, set up your pedal as exclusive Wah Pedal. And then trigger Morphing with the Rig Buttons of your Stage. It allows to toggle between Morph Sound and Base Sound.

You could probably program it keep the morph state while a slot x is activated, I'm sure the wizzards at the kemper walhalla can pull it off :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Sometimes it's not worth it - the effort, but even more the handling complexity introduced for the user keeping oversight in such an environment. Is my pedal currently dedicated to wah or to morphing? Or to pitch? What can I expect, when I move the pedal right now? What if there is a Wah effect in module X and it's active, but its pedal mode is set to "Touch"? Should the pedal then still do Morphing as it cannot control the Wah?

As you are already used to using two pedals with your Remote, wouldn't it be straight forward to stick to the same two pedals approach you are already used to with your Stage? And there are expression pedals available starting at about 30 $. ;)

• Sometimes it's not worth it - the effort, but even more the handling complexity introduced for the user keeping oversight in such an environment. Is my pedal currently dedicated to wah or to morphing? Or to pitch? What can I expect, when I move the pedal right now? What if there is a Wah effect in module X and it's active, but its pedal mode is set to "Touch"? Should the pedal then still do Morphing as it cannot control the Wah?

As you are already used to using two pedals with your Remote, wouldn't it be straight forward to stick to the same two pedals approach you are already used to with your Stage? And there are expression pedals available starting at about 30 $. ;)

I'll figure it out, thanks for the replies ... How about setting the pedal states on rig basis instead of global ? So one rig its wah the other Morph

Just thinking out loud :)

Btw 2 missions cost an arm and a leg already, and the stage on a board with one pedal fits an helix backpack :)

Thanks !

Raf

• Our general intend is to keep Rigs for the tone and away from user specific settings like input routing, output routing and pedal assignments. Only this keeps Rigs exchangable amongst users. Otherwise half of the Rigs in Rig Exchange and any Rig packs would probably not work out of the box in your setup.

And if you are ready to have different Rigs for morphing with pedal control, and others for wah with pedal control anyhow ... where is the issue? You can have that: just stick to morphing in one Rig and Wah in the other Rig and your global Morph Pedal with MorphPedal to Wah will handle it accordingly.

I just thought you might not need two Mission pedals for your spare unit, but could live with another brand.

• Our general intend is to keep Rigs for the tone and away from user specific settings like input routing, output routing and pedal assignments. Only this keeps Rigs exchangable amongst users. Otherwise half of the Rigs in Rig Exchange and any Rig packs would probably not work out of the box in your setup.

And if you are ready to have different Rigs for morphing with pedal control, and others for wah with pedal control anyhow ... where is the issue? You can have that: just stick to morphing in one Rig and Wah in the other Rig and your global Morph Pedal with MorphPedal to Wah will handle it accordingly.

I just thought you might not need two Mission pedals for your spare unit, but could live with another brand.

Aha, I think I get it now ! So if I leave out the wah in the patches i want to morph with the pedal, have a different rig with wah in it I use the rig button morph button and rock the pedal for wah ?

I appreciate the support massively and would adopt the whole kemper team in a heartbeat if needed :)

Raf

ps : you're also 100% right regarding the 2 expr pedals

• Ok really dumb of me , that doesn't work either, fo now I've settled for wah pedal only and use rig button morph to blend in leads !

Will do the job as well ...

Raf

• Or another solution that Will work better for me... Keep the lead morphing to the pedal, create another rig with leads engage, so No morph and use the pedal for wah ?