How much power does the Kemper Stage USB-A connector provide?

• I want to buy a Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard. This can be powered via USB.

The Sennheiser Pedelboard needs ~70mA (at 5V). If the USB port fulfills the USB 2.0 spec, it can easily provide the 70mA.

See use case "2" in the attached pic.

The question is, if the USB-A connector of the Kemper Stage provides enough power.

• Hm... Copied from the interwebs:

"USB 1.0 flash drive consumes approx 23 mA while the drive is idle and 34mA while reading or writing data. USB 2.0 flash drive requires 34 mA power when it’s idle but while writing any data to it consumes 105 mA power from the host."

So if the Kemper Stage can write to a USB2.0 flash drive in USB2.0 mode, it could be possible to power to Sennheiser board...

Let's put it this way: Is there a spec available?

KPA PowerRack, KPA Stage, Mission EP1-KP, Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard, Palmer Macht 402, Palmer Cab Merger, 2x Ritter Amps FRFR Camper Plus, Solar Guitars E1.7 FBB, Ibanez JEM70V-SFG + some more guitars ;)

Edited once, last by warter ().

• The Main Manual does not include a published spec.

That's why I tried my luck here ;)

I'll contact support and let you (and the rest) know here.

KPA PowerRack, KPA Stage, Mission EP1-KP, Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard, Palmer Macht 402, Palmer Cab Merger, 2x Ritter Amps FRFR Camper Plus, Solar Guitars E1.7 FBB, Ibanez JEM70V-SFG + some more guitars ;)

• I'm a bit lost!?

Looking at the housing of that Sennheiser XSW-D Pedalboard it has

- an USB-C port market as output with 5 V and 500 mA which has the purpose to load the submitter

- a dedicated socket for a external power supply 9..15 Volt and 500 mA which is included in the package

I find no hint, that the pedal board itself can receive its power via USB and 70mA does't seem in line with the other specs.

• I find no hint, that the pedal board itself can receive its power via USB and 70mA does't seem in line with the other specs.

Please have a look at the pic I uploaded in the main post. It is from the manual. Please see use case 2.

The 70mA I got from the support:

Images

Edited once, last by warter ().

• The PROFILER's USB sockets are in line with MIDI standards. 70mA seems on the safe side. However, we only support USB flash drives, because we cannot guarantee, that your setup will not introduce noise. You might create a ground loop between the PROFILER's digital interface and its analog input.

• I tried to power the Sennheiser via the USB port. It works!

BUT: as Burkhard mentioned, Kemper "cannot guarantee, that your setup will not introduce noise". It did ;) It was just terrible.

I did not try to create a ground loop. Instead, I use the Sennheiser provided power supply. Now it works like charm.

See pics.