Tim Caswell Modded Super Lead 100w Plexi - Rigs & Clips Added

• I've just been shooting some profiles of my Tim Caswell modded Marshall 100w Super Tremolo. This guy worked in the studios where GNR recorded AFD and was one of the guys that modded the amps there. The mod performed on the amps was involved taking the tremolo valve and rewiring it into the preamp section as an extra gain stage as well as some other tweaks.

I've not had great success shooting my own profiles so far but I think I might be onto something here. I ran the amp into my Koch Loadbox II, then out of the DI into my PC where I added the free version of the Two Notes Torpedo plugin which emulates a Marshall cab miced with an SM57. From here it went back to the KPA return.

I made a couple so far and I think that some of them sound great! I suppose the big question is, would you guys be interested in trying them? If so then I'll drop some clips and the profiles (after I get round to labelling them!) up here tomorrow night.

Spence

Clips Added - Here

Rigs Added on the exchange

Edited 3 times, last by XpennoKPA ().

• I just added the rigs to the exchange, please let me know what you think?

These are the raw profiles with a little verb/delay. As a general rule for my taste I knocked down the Presence and Treble by around 0.5 and raised the bass by 1 and the mids by 0.5.

Cheers

Spence

• XpennoKPA, a little off topic , but curious if you've ever played the Tim Caswell programmable amp? I almost bought one, except wasn't too crazy about the clean sounds, wonder if anyone here owns one.

• I just listened to your clip, I think many fully grown men™ will agree that it sounds great, very nasty like many men like it. I will download your profiles soon.

• Bro, that sounds awesome!
    Some of the best sounds I ever heard from the KPA (for my taste)!
    Cannot wait to try the profiles later!!!

Can you tell me what guitar and pickups (neck & bridge) you used in that clip? (Just as a reference for comparison)

• Thanks guys, hope you like them once you try, they do need a little off the top and add some to the bottom & mids but they work really well :)

Bro, that sounds awesome!
    Some of the best sounds I ever heard from the KPA (for my taste)!
    Cannot wait to try the profiles later!!!

Can you tell me what guitar and pickups (neck & bridge) you used in that clip? (Just as a reference for comparison)

The guitar is my trusty Les Paul '59 Reissue, it has S&D alnico pro II's in both positions. I use 11's on the strings so that might affect the tone I guess.

Cheers

Spence

• I downloaded the demo of the full Torpedo Cab Sim, I have taken some new profiles with various cabs and mics as well, should add some options for people. I also added my Slate VCC plugin into the chain to add some console warmth. Again if you are interested then let me know and I'll upload them :)

Spence

• Absolutely interessted.

I started trying out your profiles a few hours. I loaded them, played a few chords and lines and thought to myelf: Hey, wait minute. I know that sound. Opened iTunes, started Sweet Child o´mine and smiled :D .

Then I took my ancient scorebook of AFD an played it from start to finish! What more can I say? Thank you for these awesome profiles!

Greetings, indeed :thumbup:

• If you like the Slash AFD sounds make sure to check out the AFD100 profiles from sheguitarplayer, they are absolutely amazing and he dialed in the perfect Slash-tone. You've got to change the cab though. I'm away from my Kemper at the moment but I think I used one of And44's Marshall cabs from his first "classic" pack. Judging from that profile, Marshall got that amp right :)

There are another bunch of AFD profiles from another user - I've forgotten the name of him. Although they sound very good as well, he obviously went for a different sound ampwise so they don't sound much like G'n'R.

• I am only using a handful of sounds. Your are one of them at the moment. Great profiles.

Thanks man, glad you like them!

I'll post the new profiles on Friday for those that are interested.

I have also done some from my Hook Captain, might as well put them up there as well. I should also be borrowing a friends 2 Channel Recto and maybe a 5150. I don't know too many guitarists with nice amps any more. I'm going to head to my local guitar store and see if I can convince one of the guys down there to let me have a session down there, failing that there is a studio with a bunch of amps that might do the job nicely.

Spence