Is the Direct Output/Send Buffered?

• I recently moved, and set things up a bit further away from my workstation. I'm using a 20 foot cable, and I'm noticing some high end missing, as opposed to when I use a shorter cable directly into the amp (not connected to the Kemper). This is the cable coming from the Kemper to the Amp for profiling.

My question is the Send buffered, or should I add a buffer pedal in the line?

For example: Kemper => short cable => Buffer => long cable => Amp

• From the Main Manual:

If you're not using this output as part of an effects loop, it will normally carry the original guitar signal. So, if you want to record your guitar dry, either connect the DIRECT OUTPUT to the recording device, or to the input of your audio interface.

Git Analog

The pure, clean instrument signal is sent to the DIRECT OUTPUT/SEND 1 by an analog splitter, no AD/DA conversion is taking place. The analog signal level is the same as on the instrument input. Useful for reamping or running a second amp in parallel.

So, it is likely not Buffered. However, if you send a Buffered signal to the amp when Profiling, the amp may not react exactly the same as it would without the Buffer. But, if it sounds good it is good.

Alternately, instead of a Buffer, you may want to consider reducing any high end loss by using a lower capacitance guitar cable with a thicker positive conductor wire.