Bug report: Cannot rename profile in rig manager

• I know that in the top right, where it says the profiles name, I can click on the name and type in a new one. However, I don't know how to save it. I have the option "duplicate", "store in profiler" / "store in local library" and "store rig". But none of these option do the trick. Whatever I click, I get a copy of the profile under the old name. Very confusing.

I'm tired of renaming it in the machine itself since it takes forever...

• Rename it in the field as you do. Press enter and mouse click outside the dialog.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Rename it in the field as you do. Press enter and mouse click outside the dialog.

That doesn't work. It changes the name of the profile but as soon as I change to another profile I get the message: "

Switching to another Rig without saving first will discard the changes you've made in the Inspector. Use the Store buttons in the Editor to save your changes. Modifications made in the Editor will not trigger a warning but need to be stored as well. Making a Rig a favorite or rating it will be stored instantly without saving first."

I can click "discard" and "save". But if I click "save", the profile immediately changes back to its old name. The name change was NOT saved.

• For me on Windows 10 - latest KPA OS -

I can edit the upper right name on anything under My Profiler and there is no need to save anything. No message when changing rigs and the new name stays in place.

If select a rig under Local Library and rename it the same way, then I have to click Store Rig before moving to another Rig. Otherwise I get the warning message.

• I cannot reprduce such an issue with Rig Manager 3.2.43 and macOS.

Changing a Rig Name or other tags is even possible without loading the Rig. Tags can be changed without needing to monitor the sound of a Rig. You edit the name in the inspector column, press enter, and the new name appears in the list and sticks. No need to press Duplicate or Store Rig. This is "old" Rig Manager functionality.

If the Rig is currently loaded in the PROFILER (headphones symbol) you edit the name, press enter. As soon as you load another Rig a windows pops up Save/Discard. If you chose save, the PROFILER loads another Rig and the edited Rig with its new name sticks as well.

• That doesn't work. It changes the name of the profile but as soon as I change to another profile I get the message: "

Switching to another Rig without saving first will discard the changes you've made in the Inspector. Use the Store buttons in the Editor to save your changes. Modifications made in the Editor will not trigger a warning but need to be stored as well. Making a Rig a favorite or rating it will be stored instantly without saving first."

I can click "discard" and "save". But if I click "save", the profile immediately changes back to its old name. The name change was NOT saved.

Same problem over here. In addition to my Kemper freezing and cutting off the sound.

• I just found the solution I believe. If you have a different patch armed and then click the one you wish to rename but don't arm it, it should let you rename it and it won't change back after and doesn't ask for a save. So Bizarre.

• So if you want to change titles in one set of scenes, you have to have a different set of scenes armed but if you want it save the changes you make to the effects you have to arm the one you are editing.

• You can select Rigs in Rig Manager via single click without loading these. Now you can change the tags in the Inspector column on the right hand side. A simple ENTER will store and replace the Rig with the edited tags immediately. These transactions are even possible without a PROFILER being connected and with a group of Rigs in one go. You could for example select 10 Rigs and change their tag Rig Comment simultaneously.

If you double click a Rig while a PROFILER is connected, it gets loaded and marked by a headphones symbol. Now you can play the Rig in the PROFILER. The editor area at the bottom is always linked to the Rig currently loaded. Therefor, if no PROFILER is connected, no editor appears. All changes you perform now, are not immediately stored. It's like cranking up Treble at the PROFILER front panel: You immediately hear the differnece, but it's not permanently stored. You have to explicitely store the Rig using the STORE button at the front or at the bottom of the editor. While a Rig is edited, but not yet stored, it is marked red in the list in Rig Manager to highlight this fact. If you edit tags of a Rig, which is currently loaded in the PROFILER, the same logic applies as if you change Treble. Tag changes are not immediatly stored. You have to explicitly initiate the store.

Both modes can coexist. You could load a Rig via double click, change its sound in the editor and modify a few of its tags. This Rig will be marked red before you store it. In the meantime you could select a few Rigs via single click and change the tag Microphone Position. As soon as you press Enter at your computer keyboard, these Rigs get stored.

• You can select Rigs in Rig Manager via single click without loading these. Now you can change the tags in the Inspector column on the right hand side. A simple ENTER will store and replace the Rig with the edited tags immediately. These transactions are even possible without a PROFILER being connected and with a group of Rigs in one go. You could for example select 10 Rigs and change their tag Rig Comment simultaneously.

If you double click a Rig while a PROFILER is connected, it gets loaded and marked by a headphones symbol. Now you can play the Rig in the PROFILER. The editor area at the bottom is always linked to the Rig currently loaded. Therefor, if no PROFILER is connected, no editor appears. All changes you perform now, are not immediately stored. It's like cranking up Treble at the PROFILER front panel: You immediately hear the differnece, but it's not permanently stored. You have to explicitely store the Rig using the STORE button at the front or at the bottom of the editor. While a Rig is edited, but not yet stored, it is marked red in the list in Rig Manager to highlight this fact. If you edit tags of a Rig, which is currently loaded in the PROFILER, the same logic applies as if you change Treble. Tag changes are not immediatly stored. You have to explicitly initiate the store.

Both modes can coexist. You could load a Rig via double click, change its sound in the editor and modify a few of its tags. This Rig will be marked red before you store it. In the meantime you could select a few Rigs via single click and change the tag Microphone Position. As soon as you press Enter at your computer keyboard, these Rigs get stored.

That's the issue on my end. They use to coexist but now when you hit save after typing new tags they revert to the old tags as if new were never typed. This is if the rig is loaded in the Profiler.

• Just tested, what you describe. No issue here. I loaded a Rig into the edit buffer, I changed the tag Cabinet Manufacturer, pressed Enter, the line appears red (= edited) then. I pressed Store Rig in the lower right corner. And the new Cabinet Manufacturer is maintained and sticks.

If you feel there is an issue, please open a support ticket and describe as precisely as possible what you do. Perhaps you press store on the PROFILER instead of Editor....

• Just tested, what you describe. No issue here. I loaded a Rig into the edit buffer, I changed the tag Cabinet Manufacturer, pressed Enter, the line appears red (= edited) then. I pressed Store Rig in the lower right corner. And the new Cabinet Manufacturer is maintained and sticks.

If you feel there is an issue, please open a support ticket and describe as precisely as possible what you do. Perhaps you press store on the PROFILER instead of Editor....

Yes, it appears to have changed it but load another rig into the buffer and then reload the one you changed and you will see it is the old tag.

Note also this is with a rig located in the profiler.

• That is exactly what I'm testing including the reload of the Rig. Stored changes stick. No issue here.

Perhaps you don't replace the original Rig, but store a new Rig and then reload the original.

Please share a demo video.