Bug report: Cannot rename profile in rig manager

• That is exactly what I'm testing including the reload of the Rig. Stored changes stick. No issue here.

Perhaps you don't replace the original Rig, but store a new Rig and then reload the original.

Please share a demo video.

I figured out the issue, if you hit store to save the changes it works as expected. However I alway change the tag by using the return key to issue the save command and this is where the issue is. This is when the rig is in the profiler and loaded in the buffer.

• And that is intended behavior and what I had described.

While a Rig is loaded all edits (crank up Treble, lower Delay Mix, change a tag) don't take immediate effect. These happen on the so called edit buffer, not on the stored Rig. You need to press Save afterwards. And if you don't, there comes a message reminding you, that the edits might get lost, if you don't save.

You don't want activities like switching module B on, immediately replaces the Rig stored if you press ENTER.

• And that is intended behavior and what I had described.

While a Rig is loaded all edits (crank up Treble, lower Delay Mix, change a tag) don't take immediate effect. These happen on the so called edit buffer, not on the stored Rig. You need to press Save afterwards. And if you don't, there comes a message reminding you, that the edits might get lost, if you don't save.

You don't want activities like switching module B on, immediately replaces the Rig stored if you press ENTER.

Thanks. Makes perfect sense. For so long hitting enter saved the tag. It seems like the last 6 months to a year it stopped working. Note, saving with enter works as long as the rig isn't in the buffer.

• Thanks. Makes perfect sense. For so long hitting enter saved the tag. It seems like the last 6 months to a year it stopped working. Note, saving with enter works as long as the rig isn't in the buffer.

Ah that could explain a few things for me as well if that's the case. Surely that difference is not intentional?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The behavior is comparable to the following two situations on a PC:

You can rename a file on your desktop e.g. a Word file without loading it, even without having Word installed. You rename in the PC's file system, press enter, done. The modification takes immediate effect.

Or you open the file with Word. Now you are working with a copy of the file in your buffer. Your edits affect the version in the buffer only. You could also change the name of the document within Word. But to make these changes permanent you need to store the file, either replace or store as. If you close the file without storing, all edits are forgotten. The buffer is lost. The original Word file stays as before.

• Maybe a better analogy Burkhard:

You can rename the file and click enter and it sticks. If you have the file open in another program you can still rename the file and click enter, but the change doesn't stick. Windows would prevent you from renaming the open file - Kemper doesn't.

The windows behavior is intuitive to the majority of people - while the Kemper version isn't.

A solution could be to not allow navigation away from a loaded rig with changes that will be discarded. Reading through the thread it seems like this dialog is implemented, but it doesn't work for me on RM 3.2.57 at least.

Here is a video (Usually more helpful than descriptions):

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM