Adding Amplifiers

• Hey, Kemper Forum;

I just got my powered Kemper a couple of days ago—yet another new guy in the mix—ordered through British Audio, with the Stereo Mod, and have been exploring, applying everything I've learned from a variety of sources on YouTube and elsewhere. I ran into something last night, though, that I haven't found any info on, and need to ask about. I was in a rig preset in the Rig Manager, one with a fairly complicated effects arrangement, and wanted to swap out the amp, see how it would sound with a HiWatt. I right-clicked into the Amplifier button in the control area expecting to see an array of amps to choose from, but found only 8, only three of which I recognized: 2 Mesa Boogie and a Marshall 50 watt (see attachment). I was surprised at such a short list. So, my two questions are:

1: Is there a way to add amps to that Rig Manager Amplifier list?

2: If I have a rig profile with a complex effects setup and want to swap out only the amp, how would I do that?

Thanks.

Cayce

• 1) you are looking at the Amp Preset list, to add amp Profiles from your PROFILER to the preset list, go to the AMPLIFIER module and save the amp as a preset.

alternatively, you can use the 'From Rigs' list, which of course includes all amp Profiles currently on your PROFILER.

2) you can either use the 'From Rigs' list approach described above, or - lock all STOMPS and EFFECTS slots you want to keep with the LOCK button (press and hold, select the modules to lock) and then simply browse through your rigs.

• Not seeing anything in the Rig Manager as an "AMPLIFIER" module, I'm assuming you mean the "Amplifier" button in the upper middle Stack section with the EQ & Cabinet elements. Selecting that "Amplifier" button, in Browser mode, I'm not seeing anything suggesting I could save the current as a preset. I see options for "All Rigs", "Sorted by Name", and "Save Snapshot", but that's it.

• Click the store button. And perhaps read the manual the next few times you take a dump :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• You can store the amplifier section from any rig as a preset. Click on the rig rig in rig manager, while the Profiler is connected. Drag and drop The amplifier section of the rig into the “All Presets/My Profiler” folder. You have just created a new amplifier preset.

That's a no-brainer and not the preset I was needing info on.

• As I'm sure you did yourself, cover to cover, and never asked a question here?:)

I see nothing wrong with his comment. We all ask questions. But a great many *are* answered with the manual, and in far greater detail.

Many, many times I was referred to the manual when I was new to the unit , asking questions and learning. I still reference it often when building sounds. It’s a deep box.

Your question is hard to answer, because at least to me, it’s a bit vague with the terminology.

Rigs and presets are two very different things in Kemper-speak.

A preset here is a single item. An amp, a dirt box, a delay setting, a cabinet etc. Never an entire signal path.

A Rig is an entire signal chain. Effectively a ‘preset’ of the entire signal path. Adding an amp Profile means adding a Rig.

Is that what you’re trying to do?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Not seeing anything in the Rig Manager as an "AMPLIFIER" module, I'm assuming you mean the "Amplifier" button in the upper middle Stack section with the EQ & Cabinet elements. Selecting that "Amplifier" button, in Browser mode, I'm not seeing anything suggesting I could save the current as a preset. I see options for "All Rigs", "Sorted by Name", and "Save Snapshot", but that's it.

press AMPLIFIER access that module, turn BROWSE to enter the preset selection.

there you'll see 'Presets' and 'From Rigs'

• I think the point made here is that the Kemper tends to look at the end to end as a rig with added effects. Its not a modeller so people tend to swap out the whole rig rather than interchange amps and cabs BUT doesn;t mean you can;t do it and I've made a very sweeping statement .

Therefore I think you are better using lock as suggested about rather than worry about amp presets as Don suggested as option 2.