The competition seems to be stepping up their game...

• OTOH, first the Quad Capture, and now another device that apparently profiles an amplifier. Who's next? Line 6? Fractal Audio? That would be something interesting.

Fractal Audio has something called Tone Matching in the Axe III. I don't know the details of it but it is only in that unit out of all of the units they sell. From posts I have seen it is a different technology similar to profiling.

• Fractal Audio has something called Tone Matching in the Axe III. I don't know the details of it but it is only in that unit out of all of the units they sell. From posts I have seen it is a different technology similar to profiling.

Thought it was just an EQ matching thing, nothing is fed into the amp as is done with the kemper and QC.

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Thought it was just an EQ matching thing, nothing is fed into the amp as is done with the kemper and QC.

Raf

It is an step up from EQing, it does adjust internal amp parameters (bias and whatnot) to try and match the sound is receiving. Still no feedback loop like in kemper for example.

The answer is 42

• It still has the Kemper Layout… 4 Pre - 3 Amp - 4 Post Amp … coincidence ;O?

And the Buttons use the same LEDs as Kemper. Maybe the Floorboard has the look of the Quad Cortex and a touch screen to adjust the Analog Amp right from the front of the stage ?

Sorry cannot help myself… if Thomann sells them I am gonna try it but do not understand why and how an unknown company suddenly pops up. Additionally the Name of the company seems to be out of mind…

Well then, here is your chance: I've asked the developers and they just replied. You can buy this unit directly for 1800 Euros in the black version. The red one is a little more. So, chances are this unit really exists and works in its own way - whatever it may be...

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Well then, here is your chance: I've asked the developers and they just replied. You can buy this unit directly for 1800 Euros in the black version. The red one is a little more. So, chances are this unit really exists and works in its own way - whatever it may be...

Well, I cant still get over the fact that the name reminds me to a special edition of Mortal Kombat. 1800 is in the range of boutique or and pro harware, so we will see. Good to know they are real and hopefuly not bait´n´run. Again, competition is GOOD for everyone. Kemper started pretty humble and look at them now.

The answer is 42

• Well then, here is your chance: I've asked the developers and they just replied. You can buy this unit directly for 1800 Euros in the black version. The red one is a little more. So, chances are this unit really exists and works in its own way - whatever it may be...

Basically I would not want to buy a pig in a poke. I am more than satisfied with the Kemper. As long as there are no substantial features a new toy in town delivers no need to switch. And as the look is not so much apart from my wooden Kemper Rack …

Don’t get me wrong every new toy might bring improvements to the Kemper and this is a good thing for us but why spent 1.800 for „the same“ as you could get yourself another good guitar…

What keeps me away from tube heads - although my positive reminiscences of tube sound are still present - is the additional cost for tubes, maintenance and the careful usage one has to consider. So maybe this toy is a starter for the tube guys to switch over to maybe the best of both worlds but currently not for me. So we will see how things turn out.

• If nothing else, it serves to show that the profiling technology is now being more widely adopted. I guess we'll see what comes out next, though I wouldn't write this off either. Tubes in the signal path might make for a very lively signal chain, especially if they are not just for show.

The power amp tubes in particular are very interesting, we'll have to see more real world demos to make a call on how good or bad it is.

one of there studio capture is of neural dsp nolly is that legal

I think the worst part is that the profile is a clean one called "Thin Clean".