Calibrating expression pedals in Rocktron All Access?

• Hi!

I've been using the Rocktron MIDI Raider/All Access with my Kemper with great success.

I have however used to connect my expression pedals directly to the pedal inputs on the KPA. Works fine!

But now when I need to connect the expression pedals to my MIDI Raider, the pedals show a very strange range. Max is 127 (as it should) but minimum shows it wobbling around 40 - 50.

On the KPA I can calibrate the pedals but only if they are connected directly to the KPA.

I can't find a way to calibrate the pedals on the MIDI Raider.

Anyone know if it's possible?

Cheers,

Mats N

• pedals that are connected over MIDI cannot be calibrated in the Profiler. You need to do that in the MIDI controller to which the pedals are connected.

Thank you, Support!

But this I already knew this. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a calibration process in the Rocktron MIDI Raider or All Access?

Cheers,

Mats N

• my bad-I thought you wanted to know if it was possible in the Profiler because you posted in the Profiler question section.

You have a point there! And you are a diplomat as I clearly should have posted it elsewhere.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Maybe this helps

Manual download:
    http://www.rocktron.com/upload…midi_raider_manual_r4.pdf

Manual Page 34:

When assigning control values to a pedal, the “on” and “off” values
    assigned determine the range over which the pedal will provide
    continuous control.
    Typically, the “on” value is the higher value and
    determines the control value sent when the pedal is set at the toe position.
    The “off” value is generally the lower value and determines the control
    value sent when the pedal is set at the heel position. However, these
    values can also be reversed so that the toe position of the pedal provides
    the lower value and the heel position provides the higher value.

Note:
    When the pedals P1 and P2 are displayed, the Control Value Assignment page sets the
    maximum and minimum valuesfor the movement of the pedal.
    Also:
    If Pedal 1 is moved while displaying the PED1 on/off values, the display will show
    the control values as they are sent.

Be the force with you ;)

• I've done this and it doesn't matter as the pedals still display the same issues. So I need a way to calibrate the pedals for the MIDI Raider.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I've done this and it doesn't matter as the pedals still display the same issues. So I need a way to calibrate the pedals for the MIDI Raider.

Cheers,

Mats N

As i wrote you can set the CC Value (min or max) for the given pedal position.
    Read Page 33 and 34 carefully. It is a manual task so 1. Pedal in toe position set the CC max Value to 127 2. Pedal in heel position set the min value to 0
    Here is also a Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be the force with you ;)

• As i wrote you can set the CC Value (min or max) for the given pedal position.
    Read Page 33 and 34 carefully. It is a manual task so 1. Pedal in toe position set the CC max Value to 127 2. Pedal in heel position set the min value to 0

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I've already done this and the min value is hovering around 40 - 50.

Cheers,

Mats N

• I once had the same problems with my Midi Raider during my rack years. Are u sure u got the proper cable? Rocktron is RTS instead of TRS. That was something that I had to learn when using Midi Raider and the Rocktron Expression Pedals and other pedals that are not compatible with RTS. This means you might need a pair of twisted cables (RTS to TRS).

If I were you: Sell the MIDI Raider and get yourself a Remote. Not as robust as the MR but way more comfortable.

Regards Stefan

• I once had the same problems with my Midi Raider during my rack years. Are u sure u got the proper cable? Rocktron is RTS instead of TRS. That was something that I had to learn when using Midi Raider and the Rocktron Expression Pedals and other pedals that are not compatible with RTS. This means you might need a pair of twisted cables (RTS to TRS).

If I were you: Sell the MIDI Raider and get yourself a Remote. Not as robust as the MR but way more comfortable.

Regards Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks! That may be the answer. I'll have to try that.

I do have a remote but that isn't working the way I want in my work flow.

Cheers,

Mats N