FRFR active speakers for Kemper (for playing live)

• Are you sure?
    How are they selling this time?
    Directly or G66?
    I have never seen Atomic at the Musikmesse...

I was talking about the Kemper booth, I would assume they're going to have the same setup as at NAMM.....

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• If the CLR is as Pete Thorn describes it, then it could be a big winner.
    Pete says it's an on stage amplified version of what you hear through your studio monitors.
    No FRFR has done that before.

Lots of people played the Kemper/CLR at NAMM, why has no one commented?

I might have a CLR on the way soon, we'll see.

• I've seen talk of it over on the Gear Page. And Scott Peterson has some YouTube demo's of various FRFR's including the CLR from Atomic using (of course) his Fractal AXE FX II.

From what I can tell, it sounds Very Clear and True to the signal. He plays an NX he says normally, but likes the CLR better. If he's not pushing it as a product (he's usually up front about that though, so I don't think so) it's a really great match.

The fact Kemper is using them must mean something. That said, HOW is Kemper using them at his booth? Is he using the Kemper with it's own Amp to a Passive CLR?

Because Atomic makes CLR's with their own amp (if you will) called an ACTIVE Monitor that you can plug our regular non-amp Kempers into. The cost difference? About $250 bucks.

I don't know what the upgrade cost will be for us Lunch Box buyers, but unless Mr. Kemper can give us a compelling reason, the Active Monitor CLR from Atomic is the best solution: 1k and you are done. Amp+Monotor. Don't really need stereo Scott tells me.

But if you DO want stereo, selling your regular studio monotors might afford you another one and you could have duel use: Mixing and Playing the Kemper for high end 20Hz-20kHz with much of that very flat. (for example, I have Mackie MR8's and those Yamaha NS10 clones, so I might get close enough to 1k on selling them)

Thus the question is: Why get a Kemper Amplifier UNLESS you want to be able to plug the Kemper into more than one monitor? It would take a few of them to catch up to the cost of just the Kempers Amp upgrade itself. (unless we get a deep discount. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, but would I send it off to Texas to be serviced? Probably not.)

My guess is Mr. Kemper would say the reasons are:
    1) You can use any monitor then, not stuck to one Active Monitor
    2) The ability to go Kemper to Guitar Cabinet or Guitar Amp (is that true or just a rumour?)
    Probably a few more. He doesn't seem to do something unless he has a lot of bases covered. But I'd like to hear them before making the decision.

• Thus the question is: Why get a Kemper Amplifier UNLESS you want to be able to plug the Kemper into more than one monitor? It would take a few of them to catch up to the cost of just the Kempers Amp upgrade itself. (unless we get a deep discount. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, but would I send it off to Texas to be serviced? Probably not.)

My guess is Mr. Kemper would say the reasons are:
    1) You can use any monitor then, not stuck to one Active Monitor
    2) The ability to go Kemper to Guitar Cabinet or Guitar Amp (is that true or just a rumour?)
    Probably a few more. He doesn't seem to do something unless he has a lot of bases covered. But I'd like to hear them before making the decision.

Phew!!!, dude...you sure complicate everything. :S
    I can't figure out what you're talking about here?

The Kemper poweramp is designed to run into a guitar cab with guitar speakers, what do you mean, "is that just a rumour" :?:

What has active monitors got to do with the Kemper poweramp?

?(

• At NAMM, was the Kemper booth using a PowerAmp through Passive Atomic CLR Monitors?
    Or a non-power Kemper to Active Atomic CLR Monitors?

I'm talking about choosing ONE over the OTHER. If you go the Active Monitor route, you are stuck using the monitor as your AMP.
    If you choose the Kemper POWER AMP route, you have more options, but you should NOT have bought an ACTIVE Atomic CLR Monitor in the first place, right? Right. Is that clear?

I read that the Kemper PowerAmp will have 3 switches. One for FRFR, one for Guitar Cabs and I didn't get the third one.

For the life of me, I can't imagine how a processed Marshall with modulation, and reverb is going to go to my Fender amp with a frequency response of 250k-8k and sound anything like going through an FRFR where it will actually sound like a Marshall.

But I get that if it can sound GOOD through a guitar amp, even if not as the original profile was intended, that's Ok with me. But it can't be the same. Can it?

Don't read me wrong, I'm trying to figure out what to do. Which Atomic Monitors to buy. Active or Passive? Whether it makes sense to stick with my Kemper as a PreAmp? Or get an Upgrade to a Powered Amp from Kemper when available.

• Many ways to skin the same cat, basically. At this level of gear is just a matter of taste, IMHO

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Many ways to skin the same cat, basically. At this level of gear is just a matter of taste, IMHO

Not just a matter of taste, there are some logistical considerations to think about. For example, if you (like me) want to amplify other signals besides just your guitar (for example, guitar synth and/or vocals), it might make more sense to amplify further downstream.

• I read that the Kemper PowerAmp will have 3 switches. One for FRFR, one for Guitar Cabs and I didn't get the third one.

Well, that's interesting, where did you read that?
    Is it perhaps the Atomic CLR that may have 3 different switching options?

Just watched all the NAMM videos, no mention of 3 switches on the poweramp.

• Yep these can be used as wedges or front of house spaekers they are shaped in a way that allows them to be used both ways. They are great, i cant recommend them enough!!!!!

Thanks. I'm not looking for a guitar specific solution only. But I have just bought a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 and now I get my own aux/monitor feed. :D
    I will check the dxr's for sure.

• I see a release that says "Kemper CabDriver mode" offering 2 choices to switch from. I though in another release they were mentioning it's uses and I though I saw three things mentioned. My bad if not true.

Ok, so can you use CabDriver's choices through ANY powered amp? So if I go to an Atomic Active CLR Monitor I can go to CabDriver mode (under what, PERFORMER switch?) or I can choose to put it through my Tungsten amp, or does it require an external or Kemper internal amp to only go to a guitar cabinet, like say a Marshall 1960A?

• I see a release that says "Kemper CabDriver mode" offering 2 choices to switch from. I though in another release they were mentioning it's uses and I though I saw three things mentioned. My bad if not true.

Ok, so can you use CabDriver's choices through ANY powered amp? So if I go to an Atomic Active CLR Monitor I can go to CabDriver mode (under what, PERFORMER switch?) or I can choose to put it through my Tungsten amp, or does it require an external or Kemper internal amp to only go to a guitar cabinet, like say a Marshall 1960A?

You're free to use cabdriver for any amp/speaker of course. But it's only recommended if you use Non-FRFR speakers. So for the Atomic CLR's you would choose cabdriver off.
    For your Tungsten, as it has a guitar speaker, choose cabdriver on.

• CK said in another thread:

"When you switch off the cab section you enable the CabDriver, as you would with 'MonitorCabOff'"

• CK said in another thread:

"When you switch off the cab section you enable the CabDriver, as you would with 'MonitorCabOff'"

I hope CK can clarify.
    To me it surely sounds different switching off the cab or switching 'monitor cab off'. I will have to check again later.