New free cab pack: Amporium - SM57 GB Pack

• I liked the concept of my last Cab Pack with focus on the Sennheiser e906 quite a lot.

See here: Amporium - e906 Greenback Cab Pack

So I captured all new Impulse Responses of one of my VOX cabs loaded with a Celestion G12M-25 Greenback, but this time putting the Shure SM57 in the spotlight!

You get 20 meticulously miked Kemper cab presets that are fully tagged:

- Cabs with "N" have almost no colouring going on and sound very "natural".

- EQ means these have been carefully EQ'd - almost mix ready, but keeping the character and authentic feel of the Celestion Greenback.

- Then we have the EQT cabs. T like in "tape" - because these went through a Tape Machine model / plugin (Revox PR99 Mk II) to further enhance tone and experience. Really, really subtle differences ;)

- The e906 was still "hanging" around, so I added 4 dual miked cab presets also.

The cab presets labelled "Dark" are not really dark, but quite a bit smoother sounding. This has been achieved (not by moving the mic to the cone edge, but) by pointing the SM57 in the area of the cap edge near the glue points / blobs (from the speaker wires).

Some cab presets might sound pretty similar on low gain profiles, but you get a better idea what's going on if you are auditioning first with high gain rigs. Then going back to lower gain, you might hear, feel and enjoy the difference 8)

Download here for free:

Amporium - GB SM57 Pack

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().