What amps do the forums want profiled/want more profiles of?

• Thought this might make for an interesting thread: what amps do you want profiled/more profiles of?

For me, I'm kind of looking for Mark IIC+ sounds, there are some good free ones, but I am looking for more. Jlt, I guess.

I always have a thing for Diezel amps, but I couldn't find anything as good as the one I profiled (no surprise there) of my VH4. But it would be good to have more.

VHT/Fryette Ultra Lead? I have a good one from GGD, but I. WANT. MORE!

• I would love some profiles of nice "pedal platform" amps like:

- JHS "Loud is More Good" Amp by Milkman

- Supro Keeley Custom 12

- Two-Rock Studio Pro 35

- Rivera Venus Deux

- Koch Ventura

- Wampler Bravado

-Suhr Bella

Also more from:

- Ampete One Amp

- Matchless Chieftain and other Matchless

- Marshall Astoria Classic

- Sovtek / EHX MIG-50

• I'd kill to get the Brown 2 setting from the Yamaha THR10X. That was the amp I used for years before buying my Kemper two weeks ago.

If you still have the amp, profile it. The process is pretty easy. I profiled the amp I have been gigging the the last 6 years and it turned out well.

• I'd kill to get the Brown 2 setting from the Yamaha THR10X. That was the amp I used for years before buying my Kemper two weeks ago.

I understand this so much. For me it was a particular sound on the very first Vox ToneLab that I am still seeking. This sound made me change the way I play guitar, changed the way I hear guitar sounds, changed the sound idea I was after.

After years of chasing that particular sound: Get the Yamaha THR10X.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• If you still have the amp, profile it. The process is pretty easy. I profiled the amp I have been gigging the the last 6 years and it turned out well.

Seriously? I could Profile the THR10X?? Pardon my ignorance, but how would I do that? I have it for sale & I'd love to Profile it before it sells.

• I understand this so much. For me it was a particular sound on the very first Vox ToneLab that I am still seeking. This sound made me change the way I play guitar, changed the way I hear guitar sounds, changed the sound idea I was after.

After years of chasing that particular sound: Get the Yamaha THR10X.

Guitarists would hear my tones from the THR10X and laugh at how realistic you can make that thing sound with a few tweaks & my "Magic Sauce" Phaser setting that changed the sound of the distorted presets from "meh" to "OMG." I'd keep it if the darned Kemper hadn't broken my bank account.

• Seriously? I could Profile the THR10X?? Pardon my ignorance, but how would I do that? I have it for sale & I'd love to Profile it before it sells.

All you need is a mic, TRS cable, Instrument cable, a guitar, and a Kemper. Bada-bing! ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Seriously? I could Profile the THR10X?? Pardon my ignorance, but how would I do that? I have it for sale & I'd love to Profile it before it sells.

Just hook it up as you would a normal amp for Profiling but instead of a mic or mic pre you'd be using the Yamaha's main output..

Guitarists would hear my tones from the THR10X and laugh at how realistic you can make that thing sound with a few tweaks & my "Magic Sauce" Phaser setting that changed the sound of the distorted presets from "meh" to "OMG."

You'll have to disable that magic-sauce phaser I'm afraid mate; the Kemper won't Profile time-based effects.

You should be able to come up with something half-decent using the Kemper's onboard FX once the Profile's made.

EDIT:

Damned 1-hour posting restriction'll be the death of me. Sorry if this is now-redundant.

• Darn it. I'm going to try my secret sauce version anyway. It'll either work or not.

The THR10X has four settings for the phaser. If you put the last two on zero and the other two on an extreme setting, it completely changes the character of the amp. It adds this low-mid, mid color to the amp...that takes it from sounding like a 7 to a 10.

Thank you! We shall see. Gotta go dig out my SM57 & cables after work!

This is yours truly, demonstrating that tone:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• More good high gain amp profiles would be greatly appreciated. In no particular order, I'd love to see Revv, Fortin, Soldano SLO, KSR, Bad Cat Lynx, Mesa Badlander, Victory Kraken / Jack, Diezel, yadda yadda yadda.

there is a section in the main manual which details the process and explains what can and can’t be done. Unfortunately, for you the phaser can’t be profiled.

• But give it a go anyway. It might be able to profile the static frequency response of the phaser (some phasers do that at certain settings), but not the swirl.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM