Help connecting a Boss RC-500 Loop Station to Kemper & Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

• Hi all, I'm Confused. I Need help before purchasing the Boss RC-500 Loop Station. Best way i thought logically is through main outputs? ie

Kemper>RC-500 looper>Focusrite;s 2i2 inputs> powered studio monitors., Is it that simple?

Basically midway between my unpowered toaster Kemper and audio interface?. I need to overdub with different sound profiles and record directly to my Daw if i need be.

This seems the most logical way to work but most explanations here are overly complex & vague. even go off topic.

Please don't suggest to front end it nor straight to my amp on a clean channel as this is not a solution if needing to store different effects/profiles directly in the loopers memory.

I have all my external fx pedal board setup ok no problem with send & return with the Kemper etc So don't know if this way would be better by placing looper last at end of pedal board/signal chain?

Really grateful if you guys could help explain how to set up the Boss RC-500 the best way. Ive looked online but so many contractions and overly complicated for me no help.

Lastly Only problem is Drums on the looper would distort also?. I'm not a geek and need a simple explanation as as i said online offers no real workable solution for me, Hope you can help and be most grateful. Itching to purchase a RC-500 but need it workable with my Kemper after al! or its just money down the drain.

Many Thanks Mark

• if your goal is to record the full signal chain including all of the effects, placing the looper between the main outputs of the Profiler and the inputs of your audio interface is your only option.

Thank you so much for the advise, its really appreciated #1 .

Sorry it should be so obvious really! but its all new to me as been playing old school single channel amps with no fx loops most of my life.

so front end all my pedals until now, ha ;)

So just to clarify these two points if you could be so kind.

1) i Kemper outputs >into RC-500 looper>into Focusrite;s 2i2 inputs>Focusrite;s output> into studio monitors.,?

2) Then in rig manager select pre or post positions for my outboard pedals, already working fine & connected to the fx loop?

I know above 2) is not ideal as all effects are in one single signal chain at the moment but I'll find a way of spiting them into two paths soon.

ie my external pedals in the fx loop (mod/delays) in post position and simply use the inbuilt Kemper effects, drives etc placed in the pre positions on a selected amp profile.

It Seems to me the logical/ quickest option for now just to get started recording both issues here (1) and (2) within my Daw thats set up & working just fine also.

just a yes or a no to both questions would be all i need to ask.

Many thanks again. Mark

• yes is my answer to both of your questions.

I would add that you probably should use the TS main outputs to avoid clipping the inputs of the looper since the XLR outputs deliver a higher level.

That's great news!, thanks for your quick reply & support with everything ive asked. Many thanks again, Mark. 8)