Amp Presets on iOS Rig Manager

• I've just installed the iOS version of Rig Manager and am pretty pleased with this initial version. However, there seems to be one critical thing that I can't quite figure out.

I can change effect blocks to different types and different models easily enough. However, when I select the 'amp' block I get only a handful of 'Amp Presets'. After some digging around, I figured out that this list matches up with the presets in the 'presets - my profiler' folder that I can see in the desktop version. I thought I'd found my solution. Shouldn't I just be able to create amp presets for my favorite amp models and move them into that folder? So I tried it. Doesn't work. The list in iOS never seems to refresh. I went so far as to reboot my KPA and my iPad to no avail. These new presets do show up in the desktop version when I right click on the 'Amp' block's icon.

I'm working based on the idea that the folder of presets called 'MyProfiler' is actually stored on the KPA. I realize that the iOS app probably can't look into a folder on my PC. Are those presets not on the KPA? Is there a way to get them on the KPA?

I really think this is a great first version but until I can switch to at least a set of amps that I set up to be available, it won't truly be useful to me.

Something occurred to me. I might be trying to add a preset for an amp not stored on the profiler - which I could understand wouldn't work because, again, the app probably can't look into a folder on my pc. So I created an amp preset based on a rig that is on the KPA. Still won't show up as an amp preset in the app.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by geebake ().

• Yes, the amp presets in Rig MAnager for iOS are currently hardcoded. So these are fixed ones identical with those amp presets we currently preinstall on new units. This is a future enhancement.

In the meantime you could use copy/paste or locking to transfer an amp from one Rig into another Rig. I guess, amps which are relevant for you appear in Rigs already.

• Vielen Danke Burkhard!

Confirms my suspicions . I don't mean to sound critical. I really am pleased with this editor and can't wait till it gets fleshed out. If development is like the KPA OS has been it will be fantastic!

Greg