Powerrack vs powerhead

• I know there will be loads of threads for this but I wanted to see others opinions for my situation. Gigging most weekends, kemper will be in the boot with loads of other gear. Cheers!

• Get the rack version if you need it to be bulletproof in a case. If you just plan on carrying it yourself and there's no risk of it getting crushed by other gear, go with the toaster.

so the rack over getting a hard case for the toaster head? Makes sense to be honest

• I would go with the rack unit. I was considering one of those when the Stage came out. I decided the Stage was the best solution since it combines the profiler and the remote in one unit and is less to carry around. I bought the padded gig bag for it. It is made pretty well. If I were not using the Stage, I would definitely have the rack and remote solution.

• The form factors give 2 slight but different problems:

Rack - best for protection, but where do you put it. If you use a 4 x12 no issue, but it won;t balance on a kabinet

toaster - Great for location but difficult to get a rack or protection for it.

I use the rack and our other guitarist uses the toaster. I prefer the rack because I also mount my wireless and power conditioner but honestly you can;t go wrong!

• The form factors give 2 slight but different problems:

Rack - best for protection, but where do you put it. If you use a 4 x12 no issue, but it won;t balance on a kabinet

There are cases that are not that "deep": https://guitarcaseguide.com/best-rack-cases-kemper-amp/

I think "shallow" is the right term here.

But on the other hand, you can't stack other racks on it, because if it and some hardware will not fit (like my poweramp for example...)

• There are cases that are not that "deep": https://guitarcaseguide.com/best-rack-cases-kemper-amp/

I think "shallow" is the right term here.

But on the other hand, you can't stack other racks on it, because if it and some hardware will not fit (like my poweramp for example...)

Even with a shallow case, it will struggle to balance on a Kabinet. I put mine on the Bass cab..

and to add its about balance. My rack is very front heavy but the Toaster is designed to be free standing...

Edited once, last by V8guitar ().

• Rackmount for gigging for obvious reasons, and for home studio because you can stack audio interface and pedals (Freqout + Mimiq) on top of the flat surface. Then throw some picks on top.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use the rack and our other guitarist uses the toaster. I prefer the rack because I also mount my wireless and power conditioner but honestly you can;t go wrong!

Another good point. I would have a power conditioner, guitar wireless and IEM wireless units in the same rack. I wouldn't need to put it on a cabinet since I would run in ears with it. It could be placed just about anywhere. If I ran it with a cabinet I would probably stand the rack on end next to the cabinet. I don't think there is anything in the Kemper that would have an issue with running it on it's side.

• I bought the Toaster because:

It just looks so damn sexy - shallow I know but it is a design classic

It has an extra set of quick access knobs which I thought would be useful. In reality I have never used them.

It has extra LED collars on some knobs which I also thought would be useful but haven’t used.

It sits on top of a cabinet like a real amp.

In hindsight for gigging I would go with the rack for protection and the ability to also mount IEM transmitter and radio pack for an all in one setup.