ReAmping works only one way ?! (SPDIF)

• Hello Kemper Lovers or in my current state "haters" ;)

I cant get the reamping to work fully.
    First of all my setup:

Logic - Kemper Stage - Audient ID44 interface - Lindy Coax to Toslink 2 way converter

Kemper SPDIF Out goes to Lindy Coax In
    Kemper SPDIF In goes to Lindy Coax Out

Audient Optical In goes to Lindy Tos Out

Audient Optical Out goes to Lindy Tos In

The Lindy has a switch Tos OR Coaxial, dont know which to use, only tos seems to work.

I get the first half of the reamping perfectly done. I play my take and get a clean track 1 and a wet track 2 that has the amp sound from the kemper.
    But when I setup the reamping part, where I send the signal back to the kemper and want to change the sound, it's just the DI track. No kemper influence on it.

On Track 3(reamp) I have the same input as on the wet track 2. And the track 1 is set to spdif output 5/6. The Kemper gets the signal (tuner and input led react) when I hit play in logic. But the signal just doesnt pick up the new sound. Kemper input while reamping is set to SPDIF Input Reamp.

Sorry for the bad description.
    Please help...

Thanks already!

• I think you fell for the "2 way converter" part of the product name.

In other words, you need to have 2 pieces of this Lindy converter to setup a full S/PDIF reamping configuration.

Lindy converter #1:

Audient Optical Output -> Lindy #1 Optical Input -> Lindy #1 Coaxial Output -> Kemper Coaxial Input

This Lindy converter must be set to "TOS" to receive the optical DI S/PDIF signal from your Audient interface

Lindy converter #2:

Kemper Coaxial Output -> Lindy #2 Coaxial Input -> Lindy #2 Optical Output -> Audient Optical Input

This converter must be set to "Coaxial" to receive the reamped coaxial S/PDIF signal from the Kemper Profiler.

"2 way converter" means, they can receive EITHER optical OR coaxial (via the switch). Not both ways at the same time.

• Trying to figure this out to and had to walk away and watch some videos. Did you send from the DI track (set as send to to the new track and proper output from interface + reamp box?) which you will use as the reamp recorded track? Turn off or zero master track on DI. I haven't tried again yet as it took my whole day trying to figure this out despite being so "easy." It's a very frustrating process that I think most of the hang ups come from the routing in the DAW. Let me know if you figure it out. I don't use SPDIF, instead I'm trying to do the return.

• Damnit! I knew it could only be a hardware problem at this point... isn't there a converter that does it all in one piece of equipment ?

Thanks for the answer!

• Sadly I'm not aware of a "dual" converter currently on the market. There had been a very few devices in the past but they are EOL since quite a long time ... and they were way more expensive than 2 pieces of these Lindy converters. Maybe Mutec still has something but not sure about that. Even if they have, it will be a lot more expensive as well.

• Sadly I'm not aware of a "dual" converter currently on the market. There had been a very few devices in the past but they are EOL since quite a long time ... and they were way more expensive than 2 pieces of these Lindy converters. Maybe Mutec still has something but not sure about that. Even if they have, it will be a lot more expensive as well.

Ok, thanks! Is there any more simple solution ? I just want to be able to reamp already recorded stuff...

• Sure! Since you already have one Lindy device, I would recommend to use it as the source for sending the DI track to the Profiler. (Lindy Converter #1 example). And you can record the reamped signal via your Profiler's analog Main Outputs with XLR female -> TRS cables to your interface.

• Guys I just bought a lindy converter as well and I just saw that I can only use my 1 device for one purpose not both. Will the DI be of better quality if I use the converter to send to my ID22? Or by using the xlr cable is the same?

• Well I dont use reaper. I managed to reamp using cubase but the quality is much worse comparing it to when I record. I wonder if spdif has better quality.

My post was meant for OP. But when I reamp from a DI track using TS cables, the quality is exactly the same as the recorded track. It should also be pretty much the same quality for TS vs SPDIF provided you are not picking up EMI noise from the TS cables.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.