Anyone go from non-powered Kemper to Powered Kemper…if so do you need to change your profiles?

• So I am on the fence from going from non-powereD Kemper and frfr monitor

To a powered Kemper and cab…

part of it is the i have guitar cabs…sitting around and roughly $1500 in frfr cabs…atomic and a mission engineering….the other is there are always guitar cabs as backlines and such…

If I change can I use the same profiles?

For the most part the guitar cab is just for me anyways…is this correct?

• While not a powercab, I added my own 200 watt power amp to an unpowered toaster, running through a Kabinet.

It’s early-days for me, but I’ve felt no desire to change profiles. I’m n my case, I change the Imprint until I like what I hear.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hi, Ccunningham99.

It might be more cost-effective to pick up a solid-state class D amplifier. That plus your unpowered Profiler will be very similar to a powered Profiler.

Run your existing Profiler

Monitor Out to Amp to your cab.

In the Output settings

Monitor Output : Master Mono

Set Monitor Cab Off : Active (soft button, lit up)

Try this set-up with your different cabs.

Considering that the cab is a big part of the sound, you may make some different choices about the Profiles you use. This is because you'll be using your cab(s) for monitoring instead of hearing the cabs baked into the Profiles. Note: Using your cabs for monitoring does not change the sound going to the Main Output(s) - typically to the FOH system.

• I have the powered rackmount and mostly use output into audio interface to studio monitors. I never change the profiles whenever I turn my Kab on, and usually only swap between 2 of the kone's imprints.

I guess the end goal is to make the profiler as boring a possible. Like set it and forget it so you have way more practice time. I'm beginning to get bored. :D

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.