Merged and Direct Profiles - How to recognise

• I have several merged and direct profiles in my library.

Is there a way to identify them except using a naming convention?

It would be nice to have the possibility to filter them in the profiler or in the Rig Manager librarian.

• For Merged profiles you just have to hope whoever made the profile labels them somehow. For instance, a lot of of the one's I have seen have an M somewhere in the name (usually at the end), like "69 Plexi Bright M". Direct files usually have a D or DI in the same fashion, but also you can typically sort direct files by cab as it will say NA, none, or simply be blank.

• For Merged profiles you just have to hope whoever made the profile labels them somehow. For instance, a lot of of the one's I have seen have an M somewhere in the name (usually at the end), like "69 Plexi Bright M". Direct files usually have a D or DI in the same fashion, but also you can typically sort direct files by cab as it will say NA, none, or simply be blank.

Thank you for replying. I thought that since the Profiler handles these profiles according to their type (at least this is what I understood), there is a possibility to tag them automatically with a S, D or M code and display this on the profiler.

The naming conventions are not consistent, folder storage separation is only on the librarian possible but not on the profiler.

As you mentioned, for the direct profiles there is no cabinet available, but I think this is not enough to filter out the direct profiles.

Storing a studio profile with the disabled cabinet under a different profile name would not make the last one a direct profile.

So IMHO except naming conventions or storage on different folders on your local library I don't see a way to sort them out.

It would be nice to have the availability to show only Direct, Merged or Studio profiles in the profiler( with the Type knob in the profiler) but this is tricky because you might want to filter on more categories. A multi level filtering with the type knob ( Favorite -> direct->bass ...) would be quite challenging.

But an additional tag in the librarian and a display code on the profiler would be nice to have.

Edited 2 times, last by cantemir ().