Guitar Rig 5 better then Kemper?!

• So i installed guitar rig 5 pro after 4 years of not using it.
    And wow i was amazed how good it souned. Alot better then the kemper.
    In play mainly clean rockabilly' ish tones so i do not judge crunch overdriven tones.

Like MANY people here . I have the same problem . Headphones with kemper WOW . FRFR or Studio monitor NAH .

But nobody seems to knoww were the problem lies. :(

• When you think these software algorithms sound better than the amps they emulate, it's time to reevaluate your perception of how amplified guitar should sound. Your mix engineer doesn't want this baked-in reverb/compression and will always prefer to work with a raw amp tone rather than with the "ear-candy" frequencies these software emphasize.

Also if your studio monitors sound significantly different than your Kemper headphone jack, either check what you are doing wrong or change monitors.

• When you think these software algorithms sound better than the amps they emulate, it's time to reevaluate your perception of how amplified guitar should sound. Your mix engineer doesn't want this baked-in reverb/compression and will always prefer to work with a raw amp tone rather than with the "ear-candy" frequencies these software emphasize.

Also if your studio monitors sound significantly different than your Kemper headphone jack, either check what you are doing wrong or change monitors.

Yes thats a point but kemper should have made things easier or the use of a button to sound through your monitors like through your headphones. I tried already many things but problem is still there . and there are tons of people who experience the same problems

• and there are tons of people who experience the same problems

And if that would be the case, no professional would go for the Kemper.

As is the case with many computer topics, the problem mostly sits between the chair and the monitor. Who is overwhelmed with the Kemper should not use it. But maybe someone from your area can help you and see what the problem is.

Be the force with you ;)

Like MANY people here . I have the same problem . Headphones with kemper WOW . FRFR or Studio monitor NAH .

But nobody seems to knoww were the problem lies. :(

I have the opposite problem. Headphones color the sound way too much and throw off all the sounds in a mix compared to studio monitors - unless you buy very expensive $$$ studio headphones - and I still don't know if I could trust them to mix with over studio monitors.

I only use my headphones to practice at loud volumes so not to disturb anyone, or to playback mp3 music and youtube videos.

Have you ever created a mix using headphones before? I'm curious to what it would sound like.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Like MANY people here . I have the same problem . Headphones with kemper WOW . FRFR or Studio monitor NAH .

#1 - the headphone out is stereo. If you’re not running stereo n your other setups, you’re not listening to the same thing.

#2 - Pretty sure you picked the wrong forum to complain on in such a critical manner.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I only use my headphones to practice at loud volumes

I heard you say that in another thread and at the risk of being annoying and patronizing, please be careful. Every loud session kills cells in your inner ear and sooner or later, you'll wake up one morning with last night's ringing still there, like usual, but that time it will never go away. You'll go see an audiologist and he'll tell you that there's nothing to be done and you'll have to live with it. Hearing loss is not a quiet paradise.

• I heard you say that in another thread and at the risk of being annoying and patronizing, please be careful. Every loud session kills cells in your inner ear and sooner or later, you'll wake up one morning with last night's ringing still there, like usual, but that time it will never go away. You'll go see an audiologist and he'll tell you that there's nothing to be done and you'll have to live with it. Hearing loss is not a quiet paradise.

That is a solid dose of the truth right there. I know all too well about this.

• I heard you say that in another thread and at the risk of being annoying and patronizing, please be careful. Every loud session kills cells in your inner ear and sooner or later, you'll wake up one morning with last night's ringing still there, like usual, but that time it will never go away. You'll go see an audiologist and he'll tell you that there's nothing to be done and you'll have to live with it. Hearing loss is not a quiet paradise.

You are mistaken. I did not say that.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I tried Guitar rig5 (and guitar rig 6 ), I have them both , they came with my Native instruments 13 ulltimate special edition.

Not my taste at all, but if you're happy with it i'd say use it .

Edited once, last by Dorrus ().

• What I figured out is that many cabs are not neutral maybe that is part why many profiles might work on studio headphones but not on other cabinets/FRFR and there is a big difference in sound when playing live and when recording. basically drums sound so much different (more bass).

I personally would say (1) change your monitors, (2) try the software with a real FRFR that you would use live/in rehearsal and (3) use it if it still satisfies you.

I have very old recordings where I used a Zoom G3 or something from the Nineties/2000s and I was astonished how it sounds like.

• Yes thats a point but kemper should have made things easier or the use of a button to sound through your monitors like through your headphones.

Honestly, they made it pretty easy. Lots of options, yes, but all those options are very easy to understand.

• I used GR5 for a long time before I got my KPA. I used to think it sounded great. I stopped using it partly because I prefer a physical unit over a plug-in for ease of use. However, a couple of months ago I reopened GR5 for a quick reality check and thought I might profile some of my favourite amps from GR5. I was AMAZED at how bad GR5 now sounded to me. Certainly nothing there that I wanted to profile.

However, tone is subjective so all that matters is that you find a tone you like regardless of the tool(s) used to achieve it.

as for your second point about main outs not sounding as god as headphones; enable Space effect on main outs.