NEW USER need helpppp!

• Hi guys, just bought a kemper, i have an audio interface.. my end goal is to have it connected to the PC to record while at the same time having a backing track on the PC playing through the headphones which are connected to the kemper! its driving me crazy haha

• if you prefer to use the headphone output on the Profiler you need to connect the outputs of your audio interface with the return inputs on the Profiler and use the Aux in function in the output menu to balance the level between the aux in signal and your guitar for the headphone output. Make sure to turn down the other aux in options to avoid creating a feedback situation where the signal coming from the computer is immediately send back to the computer etc.

• I have these options to use on my PC; I can record or play (monitor) in DAW and have guitar signal coming out of studio monitors while I play music thru the DAW and through studio monitors too, or play music (like a youtube vid) through my desktop speakers.

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the tutorials and manuals.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/video#a-videos-tutorials#a-videos-tutorials

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• thanks guys!! appreciate it! so to go from kemper to interface.. im currently going from main output left.. to the line input on my interface using a standard 1/4 inch cable.. is this sufficient?? having trouble with reaper seeing it.

• thanks guys!! appreciate it! so to go from kemper to interface.. im currently going from main output left.. to the line input on my interface using a standard 1/4 inch cable.. is this sufficient?? having trouble with reaper seeing it.

Yes.

Go to Reaper Preferences and make sure you select inputs 1 thru 2 (or 1 thru 4, etc) of your interface, and select your outputs 1 thru 2 (or 1 thru 4, etc) the same.

• Looks good. make sure you set the sample rate in that window to the same on your Kemper. 44.1k to 44.1k or 44k to 44k, etc.

Then make sure you have the little speaker icon on the track set to monitor ON so you can hear yourself playing. ;)

• Are the track meters and master meters not showing anything?

I just noticed you have Main Output OFF in Kemper settings! You need to put it on Master Mono (or Stereo). :D

Master Stereo will let you add the second input to your interface for stereo play and recording.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• IDK. Maybe try turning rig volume knob up or the master volume knob up on the profiler.

Hit the main record button (the big red one next to the play button) and begin strumming your guitar to at least see if a guitar signal is getting to your DAW. And make sure guitar volume knob is up. LOL.