Copy and pasting effect blocks ect.

• Is there an efficient way to copy one or several effect blocks from one Rig in one performance to another Rig in another performance? For example the Mod, del, and reverb blocks from performance 25 rig 5, to performance 24 rig 2. And/Or how do you make presets out of the individual effect blocks so that they appear in the list to select in another performance? Seems to me the logical way you should be able to do that would be to right click on an effects block and above or below the list of effect types and presets that pop of for the current effect model, you'd have the option to save whatever you already dialed up as a new effects preset. But even this would be less than ideal. I don't need or want to create three new presets, and come up with creative names so I don't mix them up. I just want to copy what I have dialed up in one rig and put it into another. I've been taking my pictures with my phone and just doing this manually.

Is there something really simple I'm overlooking? ( I know you can lock effect blocks, but what good is that, because if I lock them while I'm on performance 25-rig 5, then go to performance 24-rig 2, it will copy those locked effects onto all five of the rigs in performance 24.) If I knew how to create a preset within Rig Manger itself, I could at least do that. ( I do know how to save effect presets on the stage itself, which will then presumably appear in the Rig Manger list as well)

• I *may have answered my own question. If I open up another window and bring up presets and drag each effect block from the main window, it saves it in the preset location I drag it and auto names it by the name of the Rig that the effect was drug from. Then giving you the ability to go to another performance and select a rig, then drag the effects into any effects block you like. Then just delete them or rename them to something more helpful from the preset list.

• Yes that is a good way. Locking, switching rigs and then saving is another option.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Not possible I'm afraid.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just lock the Modules you want to keep, then select the slot of the target Rig, then switch to the Performance and store the performance. Unlock the Modules afterwards.

Done.

• Just lock the Modules you want to keep, then select the slot of the target Rig, then switch to the Performance and store the performance. Unlock the Modules afterwards.

Done.

I did a little test and I'm more confused then when I started. A good rule is to create duplicate rigs of both the Rig you are copying from and the one you are copying to and experiment that way, so if you make a mistake while learning...

In any case, I can't figure out the logic. I was in Performance 2 Rig 5, locked the mod, del, and verb blocks. Double clicked to open another Performance 24, with the goal of saving those locks blocks just to Rig 4. So then I clicked on Rig 4, hit Store, and unlocked the effects and done! Only only Rig 4 had been overwritten. I tried this time, selecting Rig 2, then 4, and hitting Store while 4 only, and it seemed to overwrite just Rigs 2, and 4, not 1,3, or 5. That makes sense. I I found that to overwrite Rig 1, the Rig that is auto selected when you go to the performance, only if you his store then will it overwrite onto Rig 1 (or presumably go back to it AFTER going to another Rig and returning then hitting store)

So I started typing my response here, and then wanted to double check something. So this time went back the same Performance 2 but Rig 4 I think, and locked effects blocks C and the Mod. I double clicked on Performance 24 then selected Rig 5, unlocked and hit store. This time it overwrote those modules on both Rig 5 AND Rig 1. What is going on? How did I get it to work the first time? How do you NOT get it to overwrite Rig 1 since Rig 1 is automatically the Rig that's active when you select the performance? Even if you don't touch anything and go straight to selecting Rig 5, it seems to remember you were just on Rig on, and then overwrites both Rigs, leaving 2,3,4 unchanged. Is there a way to lock some effects blocks from one rig in one performance and ONLY save it to a Rigs 2,3,4, and 5 without overwrite those blocks Rig 1?

• The order is important: First select the Slot, then change the Performance. You did it the other way round.

Use the Profiler, not the Rig Manager for this. Do not use the Remote for this.

On the Stage: use PAGE buttons to change the slot (which keeps edits) and then Bank up/down to jump to the target Performance (so you are only changing that one slot).

• The order is important: First select the Slot, then change the Performance. You did it the other way round.

Use the Profiler, not the Rig Manager for this. Do not use the Remote for this.

On the Stage: use PAGE buttons to change the slot (which keeps edits) and then Bank up/down to jump to the target Performance (so you are only changing that one slot).

I figured out the issue: To follow your directions you HAVE to go to System settings on page 3 and for PERF. LOAD choose either option KEEP SLOT or PENDING. If this global setting is set to SLOT 1, then you'll automatically go to Slot 1 when you select a new performance. If this set it to Keep Slot, then your directions work. If you set it to PENDING, then it doesn't matter, you just use the Stage up down arrows to go to the performance you want and select the blinking Rig you want.

A suggestion for a future Rig Manager update: A similar system setting like you can do on the Stage for what rig loads when you double click on another performance. Slot 1, keep slot or pending.

Thanks for your help!

• On the Head you can use the Rig keys, they ignore the setting.

On the Stage you can use the TYPE knob to preselect the Performance and select the desired slot with 1-5.

• On the Head you can use the Rig keys, they ignore the setting.

On the Stage you can use the TYPE knob to preselect the Performance and select the desired slot with 1-5.

I used the Head for 8 years (always using the arrows) and now the Stage for the past 7 months and had no clue you could use the type knob on the Stage for this! Perfect!