Music from the dark past

• BayouTexan

You ask for my old sins and want to listen to my examples for bad mixing? Really?

Here we go =O:D:D

I searched for my original "Black Metal" cassette demo tapes I talked about, but only could find songs that are already copied to a demo CD. This songs had been kind of a transition between recording only with cassette players and trying to add fx and kind of "mix" within a thing called DAW.

Here is a "better" track from this time (late 1990s). I still like the part in the middle:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song is even older and has still very bad casio keyboard drums. Guitars had been recorded on cassette and later copied into Magix Music Maker (I think).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But hey, because it is (sometimes pretty happy :S sounding) "Black Metal" I can always say, the ugly sound and bad mix was INTENDED 8)8)8)

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• Dang Ibot, I didn't really expect you to post them. The guitar track in Black Kingdom sounds just like my Distortion pedal dimed with the amp turned off! Maybe turn down the pedal a bit and put some bass EQ in... say around 100hz with a Q of .1 :P

I take your critiques as a gentle nudge in the right direction, friend! If I don't ask then I won't learn. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Early mixing aside i really enjoyed Black kingdom of the north ?

• surprising suggestion.

overall, I feel all the instruments are too dull and suffer from muddy low mids and undefined/overlapping bass.

LOL. It was based off a similar comment he made to me in another post. It was done as a jab (joke). Ibot got it. :)

I agree with your assessment though.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.