Brand new stage out of the box malfunctioning

• OK guys, here's the story. I bought a one month old stage from a friend mine. It had a stain on the screen (there's a topic from this as well). Because the unit was only 5 weeks old (my friend didn't care that much about that stain which was there from day one) we decided to get it fixed. I contacted support but we decided to contact thomann instead of sending the unit in for repair. They kindly proposed to replace the unit by a new one. I received the unit yesterday and fired it up immediately. the the problems came:

- Upon first boot : crash screen

- In perform mode the rig went up sky-high without pushing the rig up button

- I wanted to recover my backup from the previous stage but was not able to reach the USB input "button", this was all in perform mode. In browse mode the rig button up button did not seem to affect the working of the unit.

-I hooked up the stage to the pc and with rig manager I was able to install the latest firmware

-Recovered all my rigs from the stained stage.

-But now the rig up button was not working t all (as at first it was activated continuously)

I had to leave for rehearsal and decided to take my 5 yr old powered rack that never let me down !

I really have a bad feeling about this now, I thought the issues with the first bach of stages was behind us (this is the latest version with the round vent holes, brand new unopened box)

Is kemper testing these units prior to shipment ? QC ? I don't want to loose faith in the "deutsche grundlichkeit", but it definately has a dent now.

Should we ask for another thomann replacement ? get this one fixed ?

I'll contact the support team and include video and images ...

I actually hope one of the moderaters will contact me to offer a solution ...

Raf

ps: I also noticed that the led underneath the record and play indicator was a bit off center ?

ps2 : the rack kicked a$$ at rehearsal

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• OK small update, setting tap button as rig up works ...

I searched on the forum and found this test function : input&enter

As assumed rig up button not working, but the screen underneath the UP is fulltime black, the others turn black while pushed

In this mode going to performance mode increases the rig numbers rapidly however button count not folliwing this behaviour

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Just received my sparkling new stage ! Thanks for the amazing service Kemper-Team !

Raf