Using IEMS

• something i found too- as a guitarist, you don’t need the ultra highs and lows if the primary sound in your iem mix is your guitar. If anything, it’s nice having less bottom end “polluting” your iem when there can often be enough ambient LF on stage.

This is very true. Expect a big bass bum if entering a stage with a decent size venue.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The KZ AS10's are just AMAZING, especially for the price!

Yes they are. They are my backups. About 4 members of my band use them as the cost of the customs is way up there. But the kz’s are comparable.

I think I would go with these first... great reviews plus SW has a 2 year warranty. Forget Amazon.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-isolating-earphones-blue

If money wasn't an "impedance" then I would get some custom-fit 12-driver Westones with the subwoofer brain implant. ;)

Those are single driver earbuds. They might be nice for music but they’re not going to compare to 5 BA drivers (or more) per ear. It’s just not gonna happen. If you’re playing in a band with them you need to hear everyone, not just you. You need the highs, and the lows, but mostly the mids and with separate drivers for these you will hear them better. The AZ’s for their price are really the best bang for the buck they really are. read the reviews. I do recommend getting foam ear tips. You need to be totally isolated.

• I just got the Sennheiser IE 400 PRO – Dynamic In-Ear Monitoring Headphones and Sennheiser IE 500 PRO – Dynamic In-Ear Monitoring Headphones

I haven't decided which I like best although I'm leaning toward the IE 400 Pro for critical listening (tracking, mixing, listening to learn) and the IE 500 Pro for monitoring on stage.

• 2 big factors here:

1)Headphones - you need dual or triple drivers at least and sounds like you have it covered

2) Your profiles - I have found the harsh sounds are often replicated out front. I would do all of the above that others have suggested