Solved: Kemper Kone - Kemper function not working properly?

• So I have the Kemper Kone and the Kemper Toaster, I read the instructions a million times, whenever I click the "monitor output off" there is no change to the speaker sound, it always sounds like a blanket is over my tone. I click it on, zero changes to guitar tone. However, if I turn off the cabinet section completely I get a tone that removes the blanket and sounds like an amp (imo). I see everyone saying to keep the cabinet stack on, so is the blanket tone that I'm getting the tone I'm supposed to be hearing, or turning off the cabinet completely tone? Is my Kemper not operating properly?

• If you have the Powered Toaster and the unpowered Kab then check these Output Settings:

Page 6. Pure Cabinet checked. Pure Cabinet = 0.0.

Page 8. Kemper Kone checked. Monitor Cab off checked.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It's the unpowered toaster and powered Kemper Kone. Monitor cab off or on doesn't change any tone. Only when I remove the cab completely do I get a non-blanketed tone. Is the blanketed tone the tone everyone is sought after or is my Kemper broken?

• Turn up the Powered Amp Boost (Output settings page 8 ) and turn down the Main Volume on the Powered Kabinet. It should be seriously loud now.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thanks for trying to help but I think I may be explaining my problem incorrectly. When I turn off the cab it sounds like a non mic's cab that sounds pretty good in person. If I leave the cab on it sounds loud but like something is diluting the sound like a blanket being put over the amp. Is that what I'm supposed to be hearing or is something wrong? Monitor cab off button doesn't change any sound at all through a monitor whether it's on or not, is that normal?

• Celestion v30, I've tried them all, they all sound muffled or drawn back unless I turn the cab section off, then it sounds good like a real amp would but everyone online says that's not how it's supposed to be done so I keep thinking I'm doing it wrong?

• No when I turn the cab section off it sounds like an amp in the room, maybe a lil bit of fizz but with a high filter pass it at 10k it sounds like a high def amp. Where as well the cab on it sounds boxy and like something is suppressing the amp, if that makes sense

• with the cabinet section turned off you are running the Kone in full range mode so the resulting sound should be similar to a valve amp directly into a PA (which most people would describe as unpleasant at best). If you aren’t getting this effect perhaps the second speaker which provides the high frequency content is damaged in your Kabinet. I would contact support or find another Kabinet to compare against.

• I suggest you press Init Globals in System Settings, which resets all global settings to their default, then activate Kemper Kone in Output Section and then verify again, that the KEMPER Power Kabinet is really plugged into the MONITOR OUTPUT, not in DIRECT OUT or any other output. What you describe sounds as if you are not plugged into the correct output.