I am currently working on a diy midi stompbox which also should be able to communicate with the Kemper.
As for now the requests I'd need are quite basic:
- get all rig names of a performance
- get all stomp types
- get the activity state of each stomp
- preselect a performance
- select slots
Atm i am able to get
- the rig name with 0xF0 20 33 02 7F 43 00 00 01 7F,
- the performance names 0xF0 20 33 02 7F 47 00 00 01 00 (01 - 05) 7F
- the performance name 0xF0 20 33 02 7F 47 00 00 01 00 00 7F
- the stomp type regular parameter requests 0xF0 20 33 02 7F 41 00 (32 33 34 35 38 3A 3C 3D) 00 7F
- using cc messages for toggling slots / stomps / preselection
Though it seems like the performance slot name requests are only covering the active performance and not the preselected one.
So there are a couple of questions to the swarm intelligence of this forum
Is there any command where you can get the names of the preselected performance and its slots?
Is there a request to obtain the selected preset of a stomp (preferrably as a string)?
Also, do you know if there are string requests to get the type and preset of a stomp?
I'd rather try to go around mapping all the enums of stomp types and presets to strings within my logic.
I would be really thankful for any tips and hints.