Finally bought another one

• I've been wanting/looking for a backup for about a year now.

Half of me wanted a serviceable backup (Bluguitar, Hotone Britwind, etc "in case something happened". The other half just wanted a spare Kemper.

Found a recent/decent Kemper toaster on CL this week and finally went for it.

As I have 2 Kabinets I can finally leave one system at the practice studio, and one at home. No more need to transport.

Well... almost... I need to send my first unit off for a clock battery replacement, so after that returns I'll be free.

Pays to keep an eye on CL. The one I pounced on is a newer unit that just says "Profiler" and has the higher line count around the knobs.

Cloned the new one with a backup of the old. Tested and good to go.

Happy Kemper...

• Well... almost... I need to send my first unit off for a clock battery replacement, so after that returns I'll be free.

May I ask how did you know you needed a clock battery replacement?, with my KPA approaching 10 years of life I need to send off for service for failed LED’s and dodgy LCD screen, I’m wondering if I should add this to the list?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• May I ask how did you know you needed a clock battery replacement?, with my KPA approaching 10 years of life I need to send off for service for failed LED’s and dodgy LCD screen, I’m wondering if I should add this to the list?

Well I'd be guessing, but I think mine is from around 2015 or so. It has the moniker "Profiling Amplifier", and the fewer number of lines around the knobs. Over the last year and a half it had been pretty much just plugged in for use at home.

One day I upgraded and then went to a first practice. Booting up showed the clock error and I initially thought it was the last upgrade that caused it.

Opened a ticket and realized that it was just the age of the battery, and the last upgrade was just a coincidence of leaving it plugged in for 1.5 years. Obviously the battery had died earlier... when who knows?

Knowing what I now know, in your position I would without question get the battery replaced while the unit was in for the LED repair. It will be a very inexpensive addition.

Best of luck mate.:)

• Well I'd be guessing, but I think mine is from around 2015 or so. It has the moniker "Profiling Amplifier", and the fewer number of lines around the knobs. Over the last year and a half it had been pretty much just plugged in for use at home.

One day I upgraded and then went to a first practice. Booting up showed the clock error and I initially thought it was the last upgrade that caused it.

Opened a ticket and realized that it was just the age of the battery, and the last upgrade was just a coincidence of leaving it plugged in for 1.5 years. Obviously the battery had died earlier... when who knows?

Knowing what I now know, in your position I would without question get the battery replaced while the unit was in for the LED repair. It will be a very inexpensive addition.

Best of luck mate.:)

Thanks mate, yeah i’ll get it done too.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Silly question - what effect does the clock battery have on operation? Does it stop the KPA working???

Having had mine for nearly 7 years, I want to make sure its not a ticking time bomb :)

• Silly question - what effect does the clock battery have on operation? Does it stop the KPA working???

Having had mine for nearly 7 years, I want to make sure its not a ticking time bomb :)

As Alan said it does not interfere with normal usage. Upon boot the display shows clock error but it still plays the last rig you were on as usual.

Press Exit and you're back to normal with the exception that the date/time are incorrect.

• ***Update***

So... I dropped off the Kemper at my local UPS store last Friday Aug 6th (Vancouver B.C.).

Kemper in Colorado USA got it this morning Friday Aug 13th.

The kicker is that it is fixed same morning and being shipped back!

That's like a 2 hour repair/turnaround time!

Amazing, thanks Kemper team!

• Wow!

• Got it back yesterday, right on time.

Setup, tested and fully working/repaired.

Battery replaced, and a couple of screws on the bottom side chassis replaced as well.

Super impressed with Kemper US support, and overall as well.

Thanks guys/gals.8)

• I do agree there us kemper team support is quick and amazing at responding and getting stuff sent out quickly I had my first kemper kone go bad just a rare experience with the voice coil I returned it with there return center and got a replacement and hadn't had an issue since. I think I got the replacement in a week really speedy. I have two kemper speakers and just got a Marshall 4x12 with trade in credit with my local store for 43 bucks 1960 A jcm 900 can't wait to drop the 4 kemper kones into it later this fall/winter.