Drowning in tones ...feeling Disturbed

• Not sure you why you even mentioned that.

Because you said "If your mix has a bad drum sound, everything will fall apart". And I don't think most people will agree that Beatles albums are "falling apart". They may have a bad drum sound, but the whole mix is not falling apart.

• Because you said "If your mix has a bad drum sound, everything will fall apart". And I don't think most people will agree that Beatles albums are "falling apart". They may have a bad drum sound, but the whole mix is not falling apart.

I am speaking of heavy metal mixes and sounds from 90's until today that has good sound and of course drums are very important. With shitty drums the entire mix dies. And you bring up old vinyl mono crappy sound with bad drum recording as an example? lol are you trolling?

• Sort of getting there. But it still lacks that "spice" that Disturb has hehe. Probably impossible since it's recorded with real amps and I don't have the same mice placement and room reverb.
    I could not manage to replicate the sound with Randall / Bogner (which I know they use. The Kemper profiles I used were too dark / muffled for that. So I Used Reampzone's Marshall with unknown cab blended with Josh Middleton (JTM3 pack) Mesa boogie with Mesa cab.

https://vocaroo.com/1cPt9hKMyflD

• Thanks! Actually I am super happy with this sound and got super inspired to write music now.
    I was very glad I went on this tone quest. I learned a lot. It took me many days and about 8 - 10 hours per day to get this sound.

Drums: Steven Slate Drums 4: "metal 4" preset; Limited in drum bus with Oxford limiter to give more punch. And then Artsacoustic reverb for more space and live feel. Then routed every kit and EQ'ed the kick and snare. Also added some limiter on snare to give it more punch.
    Then EQ'ed the cymbals, overheads and room (cut some lows and removed some high pitching "whistle" sound).
    Bass: Cake on cake from Ezmix (Tweaked and EQ'ed a lot, also stereo pan)
    Guitars: Kemper profiles (Reampzone and JTM3 - marshall + mesa) = Marshall in middle stereo pan and mesa 100 % left and right.
    The marshall is more deep sounding but also has some crisp highs and mids that helps filling up the mesa tones that are mostly on the high end.
    Master: T-Racks compressor and EQ.