Performance Mode different behavior of Modul State with/without Rig Manager started

• Hello form Germany,

I have different behavior of module state if Rig Manager is started or not.

The Profiler Stage is in performance mode, Rig Manager not started on Mac, but USB cable is connected.

Select Rig 1 and switch on a module, in my case the Pure Booster.

Switch to Rig 2

Switch back to Rig 1

==> Pure Booster is switched OFF

Now I do the same but with Rig Manager started on Mac (I just start it, nothing else clicked)

==> Now the Pure Booster is switched ON, the state is preserved.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Anybody has the same?

I would expect, that when I switch a rig within a performance, that the state of each rig is preserved.

Regards

Stefan

• This quirk drove me nuts too.. thought I was going crazy. Until I read on the forums it was an intended function that when Rig manager is connected it keeps the changes between slots

I like the concept, but having the different behaviour whether RM is connected or not is definitely confusing - you have to remember this is what happens so you’re aware.

FYI I also only recently learned that the same behaviour occurs if you change rigs using the PAGE BUTTONS on the Stage instead of the actual Rig stomp switches.

• FYI I also only recently learned that the same behaviour occurs if you change rigs using the PAGE BUTTONS on the Stage instead of the actual Rig stomp switches.

ohh that's a little bit strange I my opinion ...... but I guess the same reason as for the Rig Manager .....

Burkhard : What about an option in settings: "Preserve Module State in Performance Mode"?

How and where can I submit such a request?

Thanks and Regards

Stefan

• Hi,

I just figured out, that the effects state is also preserved when switching the slots via MIDI and Rig Manager ist not connected .....

Just as a reminder, I would really like to decide to preserver on not to preserver ;)

Stefan

• In that case you might benefit from a temporary bug, which slipped in with other modifications. Your statement is only true, if you load Slots via MIDI control changes #50-54. It's not true, if you load Slots via MIDI program changes. But this temporary bug has been fixed since OS 8.7.5. Current software works as specified in the manual.

A few users have already raised a feature request, making this behavior optional.

• In that case you might benefit from a temporary bug, which slipped in with other modifications. Your statement is only true, if you load Slots via MIDI control changes #50-54. It's not true, if you load Slots via MIDI program changes. But this temporary bug has been fixed since OS 8.7.5. Current software works as specified in the manual.

A few users have already raised a feature request, making this behavior optional.

That would be a great enhancement :)

Thanks burkard for clarification!

Stefan