Profiling amp with Kemper stage

• My apologies if this question has already been asked here. When profiling an amp, Is it better to use a mic with XLR to TRS straight into Kemper or XLR from Kemper -> XLR in on Focusrite Scarlet -> output from scarlet to return on Kemper stage? Or does it even matter? Since there's no way to go from mic to Kemper directly (without getting an XLR to TRS cable).

• I connected the my microphone to a small Yamaha mixer then went out of the main of the mixer with a 1/4" TRS to the Kemper. That way I could set the gain on the microphone so it had a good signal. I don't know if the Kemper Stage has a preamp in it that is made for plugging a microphone straight into it. My results were good so I will continue doing it the way I did it.

• I connected the my microphone to a small Yamaha mixer then went out of the main of the mixer with a 1/4" TRS to the Kemper. That way I could set the gain on the microphone so it had a good signal. I don't know if the Kemper Stage has a preamp in it that is made for plugging a microphone straight into it. My results were good so I will continue doing it the way I did it.

So did you go L/R from main into Kemper using a TRS cable? Or just left and use a type of cable like this?

[Blocked Image: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61d3dyEHW0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg]

• ...Since there's no way to go from mic to Kemper directly (without getting an XLR to TRS cable).

You can for non-stage owners. *Corrected*

You profile an amp using XLR from mic to XLR Return Input on Kemper. You only use a TS cable from Kemper Direct Output to the Input jack of the amp you are profiling. Like so...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan: Corrected for non-stage owners as per @Wheresthedug reply. ().

• Hi, sdeyoung,

My apologies if this question has already been asked here. When profiling an amp, Is it better to use a mic with XLR to TRS straight into Kemper or XLR from Kemper -> XLR in on Focusrite Scarlet -> output from scarlet to return on Kemper stage? Or does it even matter? Since there's no way to go from mic to Kemper directly (without getting an XLR to TRS cable).

I would get an XLR to TRS cable.

While things might work running the signal through the Focusrite Scarlett, you'll be running through the built-in microphone preamp. If your unit has the "air" option, don't use it. Introducing any gear you don't need for the Profiling process is an unnecessary complication.

It's too bad the Profiler Stage does not have an XLR input for Profiling, but you can (and I would) get an XLR to TRS cable.

ST

• that doesn’t work for the Stage as the space constraints of the pedal board size meant they replaced the XLR with a TRS socket.

• Ok cool, I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

• Yeah no XLR on the Kemper stage...