TJ JT 45 Reissue Pack wax.

• I have played a couple JTM 45s an original and a re-issue through Pre-rola greenies. I'm not trying to sell this to anybody, just reporting my discovery for the sake of discussion . I downloaded the Top Jimi. JT 45 Reissue Pack a few months back (the reissue in the budget bin not the vintage one ) and at first wasn't real thrilled, (now I can't figure out why!) and played them for a night and 1/2, and "archived" them. I didn't think it was bad at first but didn't think i would really use it for much. A few months later, I pulled these back out with my 335 /w/ 57 plus and I was blown away. I played them with my Charvel /w/ JB pickups turned down a bit and they worked great too, real responsive to the type of guitar/pickups you're using. I recorded them and played them for hours. I went back and listened to the demo on the website and realized those great tones could be had and found out exactly which profiles were used. Take a listen to that demo, to me, that is a great JTM rendition, kinda hollow like early marshalls and a bit unfocused & random on the bottom end when pushed, but that slight looseness is what makes things fat I have learned over the years (like a Fender Bassman gets). Things that are real crisp and tight (Modern high gain) don't often sound as big as when the distortion is "loosing it" a bit. (for vintage sounds) I have quite a few "pro" packs and the "realness" and the "upfrontness" of this pack holds it own against hundreds of 5 star rigs I've tried. Has that bit of looseness that at first turned me off, but realized later how big I could make these sound. I even got a very convincing Queensryche "Empire" Sound with a cranked profile & high output pickups, but I would say this pack is best suited for dynamic low mid gain and vintage rock tones. I just had to report this as I think this pack has slipped under the radar and IMO is a solid 5 star pack for what it is meant to do.

I played them with my Charvel /w/ JB pickups ...

This!

I am using the JIA JTM45 profile for my Charvel JB. Just love it! I wonder how it compares to a Com profile?

How about a Silent Lucidity cover for us? ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Silent Lucidity is the only Queensryche song I cannot stand and would never want to play. I guess I just despise it because when you bring up Queensryche it's what most people know that aren't really into them. The "default" song.

• Silent Lucidity is the only Queensryche song I cannot stand and would never want to play. I guess I just despise it because when you bring up Queensryche it's what most people know that aren't really into them. The "default" song.

Haha I agree with the sentiment. But Silent Lucidity was the song when my girlfriend and all the other not-metal fans in my world wouldn't complain about us playing Queensryche anymore :P I'm sure the crossover success helped filled their bank accounts immensely. Their first album was such a huge influence on me - I was hooked from then on.

Live From… Peace Frog’s Den features South Texas songwriters and musicians performing live original music from Peace Frog's Den's studio in San Antonio, Texas. All styles of music are welcome. Would love for you to check us out at https://bit.ly/livefrompfd.

• I think Silent Lucidity turned Queensryche from rockers into musicians. ;) But I get when you just hate a song so much you even hate the title of it. Like any Bob Dylan song. =O

Anyway, I think you can use the JTM45 profiles also to get a close tone match to Neil Giraldo (totally underrated IMO). Unless you can find a profile of his 100 watt JMP 2x12 combo.

• I think Silent Lucidity turned Queensryche from rockers into musicians.

They were musicians way before EMPIRE. I'm sure you've heard Operation Mindcrime. There is more musicianship there than many will most would ever achieve. Best concept album since 2112. Just saw what was left of them last week. Super great show. Played a bunch of old cuts. Queen of the reich, lady wore black, take hold of the flame etc. The singer was nailing it. I am a huge Geoff Tate fan but Todd was killing it. Better than what Geoff could do now. You just can't let yourself go...

• They were musicians way before EMPIRE. I'm sure you've heard Operation Mindcrime. There is more musicianship there than many will most would ever achieve. Best concept album since 2112. Just saw what was left of them last week. Super great show. Played a bunch of old cuts. Queen of the reich, lady wore black, take hold of the flame etc. The singer was nailing it. I am a huge Geoff Tate fan but Todd was killing it. Better than what Geoff could do now. You just can't let yourself go...

Honestly, when someone mentions QR, only Jet City Woman and Lucidity come to mind. I think there was one more song but can't remember. What I like the most about Lucidity is Tate's ability to sing with power with a whisper. His voice makes that song, but it looks like he lost it with age.