Kemper sounds better connected directly to monitors than going via interface

• what headphones are you running? It sounds like you may have an impedance mismatch where the headphones have too high a load for the interface’s headphone amp.

Oh right, I didn't think of that. I am using the DT 990 PRO, they have pretty high impedance wth 250 Ohm. They sound marvelous though through the Kemper, is there a better way to solve this? Get a different interface?

Thanks!

e/ The volume of the heaphones listening to my MacBook gets veeery loud though, which is weird :/ (through the 8i6)

• e/ The volume of the heaphones listening to my MacBook gets veeery loud though, which is weird :/ (through the 8i6)

Wow!!!;

I was curious about that as it just didn't seem right. It appears that Macbooks now sense the impedance of anything connected to the headphone socket and adjust the voltage to match 😯

Not sure exactly when this was added but if your MacBook is recent this could explain it.

• Wow!!!;

I was curious about that as it just didn't seem right. It appears that Macbooks now sense the impedance of anything connected to the headphone socket and adjust the voltage to match 😯

Not sure exactly when this was added but if your MacBook is recent this could explain it.

Yeah its an M1 MacBook Air. But its running through the Headphone amp from the 8i6 though righ? Like I'm just sending my Macs signal through USB to the Scarlett? Maybe I exagerated when I said "very" loud, but it is definitely much louder than my guitar sound from the kemper, to the point i cant hear my guitar, even on max gain.

Anyway, I am getting a small Heaphone Amp now, that should hopefully sort that out.

I'm also wondering whether I should keep the 8i6 with S/PDIF or just get a cheaper 2i2, since I didn't notice too much difference between S/PDIF and analogue out.

• Oh right, I didn't think of that. I am using the DT 990 PRO, they have pretty high impedance wth 250 Ohm. They sound marvelous though through the Kemper, is there a better way to solve this? Get a different interface?

Thanks!

e/ The volume of the heaphones listening to my MacBook gets veeery loud though, which is weird :/ (th

Hi, I have exactly the same feeling as you, but with a different audio interface. I have a Presonus Quantum, the main outputs of the kemper are at -12db, otherwise it clips the inputs.

The sound from the pc is very loud, and I can't hear the Kemper.

My headphones are a dt770 250 Ohm too.