No Resource Data

• Hey everyone!

I just bought my first Kemper. I went to update it to the latest firmware. First I updated it to 7.3.2 and then to 8.5.8. Now it gets stuck in a startup loop and says “no resource data”

I should mention it did this immediately when I went to update to 7.3.2 from Rig Manager. I thought I had a faulty USB cable/port. But the issue persists with a flash drive.

I tried taking a flash drive with the same firmware version and holding down the page buttons. That worked initially.

Then I turned the unit off and back on and got the same loop issue.

Any thoughts? Any way to do a full factory reset?

I tried holding down soft button 1 (Left most button above the display) and powering on, no dice.

I also tried boot and burn multiple times and it just get stuck a loop as well (No matter which firmware I try to force load. I tried both 8.5.8, 7.3.2 and 6.0 it was on 6. something to start)

. I've formatted a San Disk 16gb flash-drive both internally in the Kemper (when updating to 8.5.8 from 7.3.2) and on my MacBookPro. I put the KAOS file in the root directory of the flashdrive.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I also submitted a support ticket, but if someone here knows a solution that could get me up and running before my session tomorrow, that'd be great :)

Thanks everyone!

• Congrats and Welcome to the forums!

I can tell you from experience that support answers you right away even for the smallest of issues. I wouldn't be surprised if you just have to start from scratch on the updates again but I would wait to see what support says first.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hey!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was finally able to initialize the unit. I rolled back to v6 as 6. something came installed with the unit. However, that version would at least boot at first. I even downloaded the older RM app to hopefully use the unit until support could help. But unfortunately, it's now just stuck on a boot up cycle of KEMPER PROFILER/Loading bar (no firmware version name) and the updating panel resources screen.

I absolutely loved this thing for the 40 minutes i got to use it before I tried to update the firmware. I specifically followed the guidelines as well stating to update to 7.3.2 first and then to 8.5.8. Maybe there's just an issue with this unit. From scouring the forums this seems to be more of an isolated incident.

Definitely disappointing to say the least, but I have high hopes that I'll be up and running soon.