How to know input level is ok? No peak info and... Kemper as preamp?

• Guys I 've just bought a kemper profiler and I have a lot of things to learn. Please help.

1st how do I know if the input volume is set to correct levels since there is no peak info?

2nd when I connect kemper to my shitty crappy audient sono line in I have to use the Sono's preamp to have proper gain stage. I didnt want to use the crappy preamps of sono though. I have master output from kemper full and I only get -18 db in the daw. Is there a way to use the kemper without the need to use sono's preamps?

Silkof

• I have the imput hitting slightly red and the output to maximum. I m going from the monitor out to the line in of my audio interface and still the signal is very low. Around -18db. Is this normal? This way I'm forced to use the preamp of the audio interface again which I would prefer to avoid.

• I have the imput hitting slightly red and the output to maximum. I m going from the monitor out to the line in of my audio interface and still the signal is very low. Around -18db. Is this normal? This way I'm forced to use the preamp of the audio interface again which I would prefer to avoid.

check in the OUTPUT settings what your Monitor Level is set to - it isn't necessarily linked to MASTER VOLUME.

If Monitor Out Link is unchecked, MASTER VOLUME does not affect it's output.

• No locked volume in the signal chain ? Instrument vs line level ?

The outputs can be hot as hell if you want them to ...

Have you tried resetting the globals ?

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• What are you recording? Processed or direct? (What source is the Monitor Out set to?)

There's nothing called "Main Monitor"....You mean "Main Out", right? As long as the output you're using is not attenuated, you're good.

• What are you recording? Processed or direct? (What source is the Monitor Out set to?)

There's nothing called "Main Monitor"....You mean "Main Out", right? As long as the output you're using is not attenuated, you're good.

Main output and Monitor output. I'm recording processed signal, the monitor out is set to Master mono. I really dont feel that good:P

What do you mean locked volume?

Is there a way to select instrument or line level in kemper?

What are the globals?

Sorry for my noobidity man. :)

• I'd start with a reset, go into setup, one of the last pages it mentions rest or init globals ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• do you have a volume pedal plugged in? Have you used a pedal but not currently plugged in? Could the KPA be stuck thinking that the volume is being reduced because of a volume pedal?

check the pedal settings and make sure there is nothing in the signal path that is attenuating the volume such as an OD with reduced output or a compressor etc with the level turned down.

• With master volume at 10 monitor volume at page 2 is 0db. ??!@#!

Then something is attenuating the signal on its way to the output.

You should see a healthy, strong green on the Kemper's output led while playing. Do you?

What's the rig volume set to?

Is the Amplifier attenuated? (Long press on AMPLIFIER)

What happens if you bypass all 8 stomp and efx slots?

• do you have a volume pedal plugged in? Have you used a pedal but not currently plugged in? Could the KPA be stuck thinking that the volume is being reduced because of a volume pedal?

check the pedal settings and make sure there is nothing in the signal path that is attenuating the volume such as an OD with reduced output or a compressor etc with the level turned down.

Ok guys the amp volume was set to 0db. I increased it to 12 db and now I get more output volume. My max signal is -6db now. Is this the normal output volume?

Thank you for your answers guys you're really helpful

• Ok guys the amp volume was set to 0db. I increased it to 12 db and now I get more output volume. My max signal is -6db now. Is this the normal output volume?

Thank you for your answers guys you're really helpful

Something seems off. You shouldn't need to increase volume in the amplifier block.

How does Kemper's output led behave when you play hard? Does it go beyond green?

Does your issue with the level apply to all rigs?

Why do you use Monitor Out for recording, and is there a difference when using Main Out?

• Yes to all rigs it is the same. Output led goes slightly red only when I increase the amp volume section. Monitor out or Main out same results.

I requested a level meter in Rig Manager for this reason.

E.g.

on the Audient Sono:

is the 'To Valve' switch in Mic/Line1 set to 'off'?

have you tried using Mic/Line2?

To Valve switch is off. I just used Mic/Line2 which gives the same results. I also used my Scarlett 2i2 to compare. At Line input with preamp at 0 and kemper output at max it gives me -12db. At Instrument input it gets too loud.