The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Seems the Midi Moose is the right thing for you, it will exactly fulfill your purpose:

- 5 preset-buttons for the 5 presets in performance mode
    - 2 banks up and down-buttons for switching the performance mode-banks

For sure it's a much smaller solution if you still want to use your pedalboard.

that is good to hear! I actually was able to just score a used one from guitar center for $100. Not too shabby. this will probably hold me over nicely until the actual kemper foot controller comes out!

• In fact, I find the Kemper does not sufficiently complete, compared to the price :

no specific foot controler,
    no spring verb
    no plate reverb
    no tap delay,
    no parallel effect line (but it may have changed now)

and one of the problems for me, is that this kind of gear will be fast outdate compared to the price.

This is not like an analog head amp.

And who knows long-term robustness of the Kemper regarding to the 1500 Euros to acquire it.

it is not enough to say that it is solid, you will be fixed in 5 years

It makes me think.

• Tap delay was there right from the start of the KPA, parallel effect line too iirc. I think it's inside the delay/reverb-balance Parameter, available in the reverb slot.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• ..........THIS IS VERY MISLEADING, MALICIOUS AND FALSE! :(

You must to use the KPA first to find out that almost all of Your statements are partially or totally false...

1. Even if there is not exist a foot controller with Kemper logo on it, You can use a lot of controllers with the KPA from the cheap (and dedicated FCB1010 with UNO4Kemper or Eureka2 chips) to the Roland FC300 or even the Mastermind GT or the Liquid Foot and others...

2. Even if there is not exist a "spring" or "plate" named reverb, You can set the existing ones to respond very similar...

3. ....no tap delay?!?!?!????? ?( ..........this is simply not true

4. No parallel effect line?!???? .......this statement is again false

YOU MUST TO BE MUCH MORE INFORMED BEFORE WRITING A LOT OF DISINFORMATIONS. :P

• Actually the longer I have owned the Kemper the more I think it Really is one of the rare digital devices that will never really be outdated.
    Like a TC Electronic 2290.
    I predict the profiler to be an alltime classic.
    In a way it is right now.

This!

azertyvince:
    Had the eventide H3000 or the TC G-Force ever a dedicated Controller? Don´t think so...Where they used by all the great guitar players? For sure! If you don´t like it, don´t buy it - that´s perfectly up to you. But please try it out first. ^^

• Ok sorry for these mistakes, I don't know the kemper enough,
    but it seems that not everything was so wrong in what i wrote,

I'm not trying to destroy the reputation of kemper, i find it's a very interresting gear.
    I express only, which currently keeps me from buying it.

Before posting false statements about the KPA, you should first inform yourself !!!

Your posts are simply wrong (tap-delay, reverb, parallel effect line ect.), because the KPA is firmware-based, it will always be up-to-date, just take a look at the last firmware-updates.

I just played the KPA on a long big-venue-tour, not one single problem, it's more reliable than a common tube-amp. The KPA is solid-built and made in Germany, all Line 6-products and a lot of music-gear is manufactured in China.

For sure you can use and buy any gear you want, but to jump into a forum like this and spreading around false statements doesn't help anybody...... :thumbdown:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Seems the Midi Moose is the right thing for you, it will exactly fulfill your purpose:

- 5 preset-buttons for the 5 presets in performance mode
    - 2 banks up and down-buttons for switching the performance mode-banks

For sure it's a much smaller solution if you still want to use your pedalboard.

Hey Guenter,

do you confirm that there's nothing else the MMoose can do? Or can you program the buttons for example to switch fx on/off or doing other things?

• and one of the problems for me, is that this kind of gear will be fast outdate compared to the price.

This is not like an analog head amp.

I must confess I can never understand this, whenever I hear it.
    Dude, if this is the case for you I don't know what you're doing here... you should not be interested in digital pres, really.

Apart from this, there's one thing I am certain of:

(...)

... I was going to add the usual statement, i.e. "in 10 years my Profiler will still sound exactly like today"... but I realize this is not true: actually, in 10 years my Lonestar Special will still sound the same (with brand new tubes, provided they still make it); my Profiler will be a better machine than today instead, thanks to FW improvements (and maybe some hardware update through its CPU slot).

• I find Kemper Amplifiers gets too much flak over things like the Footcontroller and the librarian.

I don't think either the presence or absence of these things take away from the Kemper as a full-fledged product in its own right.

I don't have a FCB1010, I'm using a Loopholic 5 pedal switching system to control my Kemper. It is limited in functionality, i.e. switch between profiles, but I know that when the KFC does come out, I will have a custom-built solution that will be the best there is.

I'll still have to pay for it and it doesn't come for free, i.e. it is a separate product and not some kind of bundled device.

PS: Have you guys seen the drop down menu in the support section for "Product"? Nothing there but the KPA, as of now, but I'm sure there will be updates for the KFC too.

• Hey Guenter,

do you confirm that there's nothing else the MMoose can do? Or can you program the buttons for example to switch fx on/off or doing other things?

I'm not a MMoose-expert. ;) For sure it can switch the 5 presets and banks up/down, there are manuals and videos available.

I'm using the FCB with UnO4K, because I like to have switches for the stomps and the 2 expression-pedals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I find Kemper Amplifiers gets too much flak over things like the Footcontroller and the librarian.

I don't think either the presence or absence of these things take away from the Kemper as a full-fledged product in its own right.

Too much flak? I don't think so. A PROPER foot controller is very crucial for lots of people, especially pro touring musicians.
    The FCB is an OK option temporary solution, but we need a dedicated foot controller..... no question.
    I bet KPA sales go up once it comes out..... as that seems to be what is holding lots of potential buyers back.

An expensive, high end unit like the KPA should have had a foot controller released the same time the KPA was released. It only makes sense....

IMO

• You said that an expensive, high-end amp modeller should have a foot controller ready to go when it's released. The only other expensive, high-end amp modeller I can think of did not. Your argument doesn't work.

Not really an argument. Its my opinion.
    From a business perspective, it would have been wise for both to release foot controllers with the unit.

Anyways, looking forward to more info on the KFC... 8)