The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• I didn't keep up with the thread (too huge, guys) but I read here and there sentences implying that the looper will only be controllable with the KFC.
    Was there any official statement by someone at Kemper, or is it (as I hope) only rumours and speculation?

• I think what he meant was, if the FX/stomp buttons on the KFC can be programmed to send specific midi data, so that other gear in your rig can be controlled. Which is a good question, since many people use their KPA in a setup and not as a standalone solution.

Well.. what I ment was:

The KFC has 4 effect buttons. With these buttons you very easily assign stomps by holding the button down on the KFC and the select stomps to controll (regarding to the spec that was released for a short time). This behaviour is very similar to the "lock" button. My question is: Will there be any corresponding midi commands (CC) for this effect buttons, so third party controller can take advance of this user friendly pattern?

• The Kemper Remote will be able to assign up to four effects on each of the the four switches per Rig.

The CC information for other controllers is already available (But, I don't know how many CCs per button can be sent by other controllers)

From the Kemper MIDI Parameter Documentation manual:

CC Value Remarks
    16 Any Toggles all Stomps between On and Off setting. Select Type “Empty” to disable a slot completely.
    17 0/1 0: Stomp A Off 1: Stomp A On
    18 0/1 0: Stomp B Off 1: Stomp B On
    19 0/1 0: Stomp C Off 1: Stomp C On
    20 0/1 0: Stomp D Off 1: Stomp D On
    22 0/1 0: Effect X Off 1: Effect X On
    24 0/1 0: Effect Mod Off 1: Effect Mod On
    26 0/1 0: Delay Off 1: Delay On
    27 x Sets Delay Mix to x
    28 0/1 0: Reverb Off 1: Reverb On
    29 x Sets Reverb Mix to x
    30 1/0 Sets Tempo Tap If your floorboard supports separate events on “pressing” and “releasing” a button, send 1 when “pressed” and 0 when “released”. If the floorboard can only send one event, use value 0. When value 1 has been sent and no value 0 for 3 seconds, the Beat Scanner1 is being activated.
    31 1/0 1: Show Tuner 0: Hide Tuner
    33 0/1 0: Rotary Speaker slow 1: Rotary Speaker fast

There is much additional information in that manual.

• And my question is: Will there be added CC commands to this list. Stomp A is not the same as the Kemper Remote effect button 1. Yes I can program my controller to turn on and off several stomps, but this setup will be more user friendly.

But think I'll just have to wait until this product is released to get any answers... :D

• I'll make another prediction. You will be able to send midi commands using the KFC, which will route to the midi output and throughput on the Kemper.

I hope you're right. If not, I don't think the KFC will work for me and I'll have to go with the Liquid Foot or one of the other very pricey MIDI solutions.

• I hope you're right. If not, I don't think the KFC will work for me and I'll have to go with the Liquid Foot or one of the other very pricey MIDI solutions.

I will ill buy the Kemper Remote, but it would be unfortunate if my current setup,Ground Control Pro, and Hex, work better. I have 2 KPA's and various other Midii gear, and the GCP allows me to switch all with a single tap.

• I will ill buy the Kemper Remote, but it would be unfortunate if my current setup,Ground Control Pro, and Hex, work better. I have 2 KPA's and various other Midii gear, and the GCP allows me to switch all with a single tap.

Just from speculation but I would have thought the Kemper remote will integrate best with the KPA after market stuff can be very good sometimes but from my experience original equipment is always best. But this is just my point of view

• Here's a question I don't see being addressed: is Kemper at NAMM 2015 this year? I haven't heard or seen anything regarding the KFC. It would be great to know if we can expect its debut at NAMM, or if we should hope that it comes in the form of an announcement on their web page.

• Here's a question I don't see being addressed: is Kemper at NAMM 2015 this year? I haven't heard or seen anything regarding the KFC. It would be great to know if we can expect its debut at NAMM, or if we should hope that it comes in the form of an announcement on their web page.

I dont think kemper have announced they will be there or said they won't be there. My gut feeling is that they will be though the KPA is becoming very popular now and more publicity and NAMM will help it increase even more. If they are releasing the KPA controller this year which CK said that they were hoping for Q4 of last year. NAMM is defo the place to do this. I don't think companies really reveal what they are show casing at NAMM as that takes away the excitement of the show. But I'm sure kemper will be there though :)

• I can't remember how many effects, stomps, amps, cabinets, eq settings, whatever can be changed with one single stomp (at least 4 stomps, right?). But as somebody mentioned in another thread, midi has some inherent latency, so for that reason alone it might be a good move to go for a different protocol, I think. I am sure there are other MIDI boards out there that can be programmed to send multiple messages etc at a time, so it may be better for Kemper to make something tailored to the unit rather than simply doing their version of what is already there. Just welcome the variety ;)

• I can't remember how many effects, stomps, amps, cabinets, eq settings, whatever can be changed with one single stomp (at least 4 stomps, right?). But as somebody mentioned in another thread, midi has some inherent latency, so for that reason alone it might be a good move to go for a different protocol, I think. I am sure there are other MIDI boards out there that can be programmed to send multiple messages etc at a time, so it may be better for Kemper to make something tailored to the unit rather than simply doing their version of what is already there. Just welcome the variety ;)

Very good post Michael, agree 100%

• The Kemper Remote could be so many things, it's just mind-boggling to deliberate over what it'll eventually incorporate. Here's a list of things that users seem to want when it comes up, probably not in order of preference (hope Mothership is reading this):

1) Midi PC/CC send through Kemper
    2) Control of additional parameters of Kemper using expression pedals
    3) Minimal/no latency when sending multiple commands to Kemper
    4) Robust hardware, capable of handling gigging demands (beer-proof, etc)
    5) Beat-synced looper (my personal hope, given the shortcomings of current products on market requiring external midi beat-syncing)

The price tag is information I'd love to have right now. A lot of work-related developments right now, I really hope I can spring for the Remote when it's actually released, though if I'm unable to immediately, I'm sure I'll snag one down the line anyway.