The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• So here is the latest news about the KFC from the "Kemper Profiler Tour 2014" event in Oslo

• The pedal will arrive late this year or maybe early next year.
    • It will not have any expressions pedals included, but of course you can connect pedals (i think he said 4)
    • It will have 5 buttons in first row (and i think it was 5 in second row), up and down button, and a tap button.
    • It will be possible to make a button to change more than one stomp.
    • It will have a looper

I wish it would come with the expression pedals connected like the FCB as i like a one board solution :( but hey we will just have to see what it's like when it's released

• Last time I heard Eng. kemperon the matter he said there would be no pedals because different people have different needs/tastes. Also, the unit will be specific to the Profiler, which will be controlled through the network port, so no MIDI ports.
    But who knows, someone might come up with a small box gifted with a network port and three MIDI ports.

• It will have a looper

Now, I wonder what does that mean: I would expect (and hope) that the looper is actually going to be built in the KPA itself, and only controlled via KFC (or any other MIDI board, at that point). However, it might very well be that the KPA does not have sufficient memory availability for looping, hence the KFC might really have a looper module inside, such that the signal must be routed to the KFC and then back to the KPA. I quite dislike the latter, but I would of course understand.

• Now, I wonder what does that mean: I would expect (and hope) that the looper is actually going to be built in the KPA itself, and only controlled via KFC (or any other MIDI board, at that point). However, it might very well be that the KPA does not have sufficient memory availability for looping, hence the KFC might really have a looper module inside, such that the signal must be routed to the KFC and then back to the KPA. I quite dislike the latter, but I would of course understand.

When he said it I had the same thoughts...
    But It is possible to send the sound signal digital with a cat 5 cable (like MADI does). So the memory/processor can be in the controller but the AD/DA converters are still in the KPA.

Love the fact about 4 expression pedals!

I said that "I think he said 4" - so it's not a fact ;)

• When he said it I had the same thoughts...
    But It is possible to send the sound signal digital with a cat 5 cable (like MADI does). So the memory/processor can be in the controller but the AD/DA converters are still in the KPA.

Yeah, sure, that's not the problem: the problem would be that you HAVE to have the KFC to use the looper. I have a Gordius LG and I wasn't planning to change it...

• It is mid September and nobody has seen as much as a prototype KFC yet. I doubt we'll be able to hand over our cash to get one in the next 12 months. I appreciate a bit of conservatism in that products shouldn't be presented years before they ship, but I don't think a couple months from presentation to shipping is realistic. Even then it would have to be presented real soon in order to ship before year-end.

• In another thread a user has accidentally activated the Profiler's loop in 2.6 with a "wrong" MIDI sequence.
    So the way I see it, is that the looper has been long programmed as a Profiler's tool, and the KFC will control it.

Why there should be not enough memory in the Profiler? We have been told that the number of installable rigs is limited to around 1,000 "because the memory is reserved to future upgrades". This has probably triggered some panic among some users, maybe obsessed by size issues... LOL
    Good chances are, ATS, that a looper was one of the aforementioned upgrades, and that it has been in Kemper's mind since day -365 :D

• Well for me, like alot of others here I've been waiting for the controller, but if it truly will not have multichannel MIDI control It just won't work for my setup. ;(
    I also don't know If I am alone in that a looper is of no use to me either.
    I just want a 1 pedal soloution that will seamlessly contol my Lunchbox and my Gr55, or IPad/laptop, or something else.

• Well for me, like alot of others here I've been waiting for the controller, but if it truly will not have multichannel MIDI control It just won't work for my setup. ;(
    I also don't know If I am alone in that a looper is of no use to me either.
    I just want a 1 pedal soloution that will seamlessly contol my Lunchbox and my Gr55, or IPad/laptop, or something else.

CK posted the info about the fact that there will have no MIDI out connection on the KFC on 26th april 2012, It's a long time ago... It is always possible that he changed is mind but, as we since didn't get any update on the subject, there is no evidence that he will.

• In another thread a user has accidentally activated the Profiler's loop in 2.6 with a "wrong" MIDI sequence.
    So the way I see it, is that the looper has been long programmed as a Profiler's tool, and the KFC will control it.

Why there should be not enough memory in the Profiler? We have been told that the number of installable rigs is limited to around 1,000 "because the memory is reserved to future upgrades". This has probably triggered some panic among some users, maybe obsessed by size issues... LOL
    Good chances are, ATS, that a looper was one of the aforementioned upgrades, and that it has been in Kemper's mind since day -365 :D

Fascinating! 8o