The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Since start of performance mode i use one performance per song. The performance mode is really great. The autoload slot 1 option is a big advantage for me. Every song starts at slot 1. If you want to implement another mode, please leave autoload slot 1 as an option for all guys who use the performance mode in this way. :thumbup:

• I use autoload as well and would be fine with either option.
    I have organized all my performances in songs from left to right 1-5, from left more dry and more clean to right more crunch and more wet generally speaking.
    Slot 5 which is always a louder solo sound.
    Some songs don't start necessarily cleanes/most dry, so on some songs I have to load the performance and then the slot to start the song with the correct sound.
    OTOH I see all the users that organize their rigs differently and how they benefit from the system that is in use right now.
    Conclusion: Please give is options, CK!

• I use autoload as well and would be fine with either option.
    I have organized all my performances in songs from left to right 1-5, from left more dry and more clean to right more crunch and more wet generally speaking.
    Slot 5 which is always a louder solo sound.
    Some songs don't start necessarily cleanes/most dry, so on some songs I have to load the performance and then the slot to start the song with the correct sound.
    OTOH I see all the users that organize their rigs differently and how they benefit from the system that is in use right now.
    Conclusion: Please give is options, CK!

I'm in agreement with Ingolf CK, please give us options, especially as so many users here are using peformance mode in many different ways

• That's actually a pretty good idea, Mr CK. Have your clean on say performance 1 slot 1, hit performance up to go to a clean with tremolo, hit down to go to a clean with a tonne of delay.

But I think that autoload in its current avatar makes a lot of sense as well, for those who have each song divided by performance. Granted, it's not a huge difference, one additional button press, but users like things like that.

Therefore, having both options is the most meritorious way out of a meretricious situation ^^

• If it is not possible to leave the choice to the user which mode to use, then please leave it as it is.
    Performance mode was originally thought to be used as a "per song" mode, wasn't it?
    And for this purpose it would be more useful to start each performance and hence each song with slot 1.

• I'm using the "Performance Autoload" mode and I have organized my performances by songs. And I have every song's intro rig on Slot 1.
    I would suggest to leave it the way it is ... and offer an additional option for what you suggest.

And this option also for me! Thanks ...

• I use Performance Autoload and like others have mentioned, I use Slot 1 as the "main" and/or starting tone of the song so it's been very very helpful for me to have this feature since I'm usually ending the previous song on another slot.

I usually use Slot 1 as the main, Slot 5 for solos/leads and the ones in between for special parts of the songs.

I also strongly prefer for it to automatically go to the next Performance when clicking the Up button (one click instead of two) since I'm used to that.

Now if it were just easier to arrange performances in order of our set lists without clicking the Perf. Up/Down buttons 3000 times... :P

J

• I can see the benefits to both options for autoload, but I like the earlier firmware/the proposed change better: staying on the same slot when going up/down in the performances.

My performances are set up similar to Ingolfs - from slot 1: clean, progressively crunchier in slots 2,3,4 and leads in 5.
    Going up/down in the same slot makes it easier since I would know what to expect.
    Going from slot 3 to next slot 3 would be a different flavor of a medium-crunch setting.

Granted that doesn't necessarily work for those that use the performances on a song-by-song basis - with a large variety of sounds due to the set list - but I can get through 80% of a set using 3 perf banks.

• It looks like that everyone has his one way to use the Performance mode. I think that the kemper Guys made it flexible as they can and easy to use how it must be.

• On the Roland FC-300 there is an option called "wait for a num". This way you can choose which slot you want to select. Could this be an option for the KPA too?

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• On the Roland FC-300 there is an option called "wait for a num". This way you can choose which slot you want to select. Could this be an option for the KPA too?

I think this is the default behaviour when you don't have auto load engaged.

Here is the confirmation from Mr CK earlier in the thread.

Another topic:
    As mentioned, we support the "pending" selection of Performances already.
    That means you can preselect a new performance, while you still play the recent rig.
    Only by pressing one of the five Slot buttons a new rig is selected.

• Why can't the browse mode be use to do this "latter autoload". You can assign rigs to a midi program change number. So if you want your clean sounds to be in slot one, just assign them to PC1 PC6 PC11 PC16 etc.?

• My thoughts exactly Booyah. BUILD THE FOOT CONTROLLER! 106 pages of a thread on this topic should convince anyone that this is a priority. Sorry for the outburst but I am not interested in seeing posts on the web about the World Tour of Kemper. What I want to see is progress on the foot controller. Deep down I honestly believe Kemper sold its soul to Behringer and the FCB1010 for "x" number of years as the one and only prioritized controller; and until that agreement is null and void, we will never see a dedicated foot controller.

All of this comes after I am ready to sink my LF JR+ in the bottom of the river. I hate this pedal board and its nonsense approach to device sync.

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.”