The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• It is much easier to lower the price of a new product after the early adopters have paid top dollar for it than it is to raise the price after introduction. It may be that even if the introduction price is $600.00, things might come down a little after a year or two (not that anyone in THIS thread would ever dream of waiting that long ;) ).

The price of Profiler was raised about 120 euro some time after release.

• As my entire rig is "integrated" and controlled by my Ground Control Pro, ( 2 Kempers, Voodoo Labs Hex switching in and out various pedals), I am interested in if the KR/KFC will be able to control other midi gear.

When I was using the Behringer with UNO for KPA chip, I did like the way it was dedicated to the KPA, but thats also the downside,...it is dedicated to the KPA, and can't control my other Midi devices.

As far as pricing,...the Liquid Foot +12+ runs $900, and thats really the only foot controller I would replace my GCP with,..so far. The only thing I wish the GCP had is two way Communication.

If the Kemper Remote can send CC/PC to my Hex, as well as different midi data to both my Kempers, then Im game.

• The price of Profiler was raised about 120 euro some time after release.

Good to know ;) It is the norm that prices fall though. This may not be a good example since it is a niche market with a unique market compared to higher volume gear.

Still, I can hope that the price comes down. I keep trying to tell my wife that the kids don't really need to go to college :)

• Well, we know what that little round knob was for on the original picture. Contrast. Very excited for the Looper feature!

We could conclude from this pic that it will be the larger version because the Looper switch is dedicated to the looper and not share with the tuner like in the smaller board proposition.

• I think (and hope) 200€ is a reasonable number... After all, it is still "only" a midi controller - correct me if i am totally wrong, but i would estimate the value of the parts (w/o knowing the device ;) ) to be for sure and clearly below 50€.
    Of course, for some strange reasons, devrlopment took 3 Years, but i still dont understand the numbers oft 600 dollars, that was circulating here...

• Great news on the foot controller but there's no way I'm going to pay more than 200€ for it.

I think (and hope) 200€ is a reasonable number... After all, it is still "only" a midi controller - correct me if i am totally wrong, but i would estimate the value of the parts (w/o knowing the device ;) ) to be for sure and clearly below 50€.
    Of course, for some strange reasons, devrlopment took 3 Years, but i still dont understand the numbers oft 600 dollars, that was circulating here...

Apart from the FCB, what midi controller goes for 200€ or less? Certainly none that have LCD and a looper on board...

Cheers,
    Sam

• Considering how awesome my profiler has proven itself to be in the 2 years I've owned it; I trust that CK will maintain the same consistency of quality, functionality and value for money for the Remote. This being more than likely to be the case, I will be very happy to pay whatever price it comes out at and will get to enjoy the same ongoing support and R&D that I have been enjoying with the profiler. Just my 2 cents worth.............................

• The price will be somewhat around 400€ if i remember right from the "workshop-leak"... Somebody mentioned that a lower price isn't possible because of the fact that it will be made in germany.

i personally hope that the price will be much lower because the KR (Kemper Remote - as it is called from the officials) has no use without the KPA...

• I would expect a price something like the Axe-FX controller, $750. Even though with that one you can connect 4 expression pedals like others have said its just a midi controller. I have used it and it is nice and sturdy, I know Kemper's KFC will of road worthy quality. I use the FCB1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip now and have no issues with it other than a little big and the volume control is terrible, but like the Wah pedal. A smaller footprint would be nice and the availability to connect expression pedals. Interesting to see if it is expensive how many will not hesitate to buy it.

• I don't want to get into the whole speculation of price as I know it will be revealed in due time, but the figures being thrown around 400€, $600 etc are all, in my eyes, perfectly reasonable.

When you factor everything in, say the parts were only 50€ or whatever, it's largely irrelevant because the value is in taking those parts and making them do something great and doing it reliably.

The value of the KPA itself isn't in the parts it takes to build one but the sum of them added together, collectively doing something fantastic, that at times feels like it's bordering on black magic, and also more importantly the joy it brings all off us when we are playing our KPA's, at whatever level that is.

• The connection marked "Looper" suggests to me a separate looper hardware in the works. Maybe it is the pic, but I don't recognize this connector.
    If there is no matching connection point, of this type, on a Kemper, then no firmware upgrade will give it a looper.
    i wonder if NAMM 2015 will bring us a firmware upgrade, a Remote, and a separate hardware looper.

• The connection marked "Looper" suggests to me a separate looper hardware in the works. Maybe it is the pic, but I don't recognize this connector.
    If there is no matching connection point, of this type, on a Kemper, then no firmware upgrade will give it a looper.
    i wonder if NAMM 2015 will bring us a firmware upgrade, a Remote, and a separate hardware looper.

To me the photo doesn't show a connection marked looper, it's shows a foot switch for the looper function with a LED indicator.
    The photo must be taken from the top of the unit. See the first page in this thread to see the looper foot switch.

[Blocked Image: https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akam…8910622773978799247_o.jpg]
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akam…8910622773978799247_o.jpg