The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• in an ideal world there would be two formats: a large one incl expression pedal(s), and the smaller one as proposed (like with the Line6 boards)

I was thinking the same thing when I saw how close the poll results were. But the fact is that the two options are so close in size, a longboard/shortboard scenario wouldn't make a lot of sense. Not unless the "longboard" got a whole lot longer, with integrated exp. pedal(s) etc.

• There's not a huge difference between the two when you think about it. For me, the bigger difference would be if there was at least one pedal on it - now that would be a difference worth voting on ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• There's not a huge difference between the two when you think about it. For me, the bigger difference would be if there was at least one pedal on it - now that would be a difference worth voting on ...

True dat! I'd love a 1 pedal version so I don't have to mess with an expression pedal and cable on top of this.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• True dat! I'd love a 1 pedal version so I don't have to mess with an expression pedal and cable on top of this.

I have to agree on this - if both versions would be available, an integrated exp. pedal on the bigger one would sell it to me and I think for many people who would've gone for the smaller one otherwise.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Hi there,

I changed my mind. So please change my vote to SMALLER.
    I got the Kemper bag, and the smaller one should fit in that bag - much easier to transport then.

Thx
    Acker

• It's a shame you can't make it modular. i.e. a little stomp sized block for each button with a really solid interconnect...

Something like this? [Blocked Image: http://kemper-amps.com/library/wcf/images/smilies/wink.png] In all seriousness modular would be different and cool - if stability and durability could be maintained and costs kept reasonable, which I doubt (but know nothing about the manufacture of footswitches).

[Blocked Image: http://www.getlofi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/foot_controller.jpg]

• Something like this? [Blocked Image: http://kemper-amps.com/library/wcf/images/smilies/wink.png] In all seriousness modular would be different and cool - if stability and durability could be maintained and costs kept reasonable, which I doubt (but know nothing about the manufacture of footswitches).

[Blocked Image: http://www.getlofi.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/foot_controller.jpg]

Hi

I am also thinkging about such a modular system, and also would like to startnig implementing a prototype for it, only things I am missing are the specifications of the interface and the protocol.
    2 different components would be needed:
    1. Controller module, with the display, connectifity to the KPA itself, and connectors for the stomps and expression pedals.
    2. Switch with the coloured leds.

So everybody could take those components and put them on a pedal board and arange them as he likes it.

Christian

• [quote='Per',index.php?page=Thread&postID=43212#post43212]It's a shame you can't make it modular. i.e. a little stomp sized block for each button with a really solid interconnect...

Something like this? [Blocked Image: http://kemper-amps.com/library/wcf/images/smilies/wink.png] In all seriousness modular would be different and cool - if stability and durability could be maintained and costs kept reasonable, which I doubt (but know nothing about the manufacture of footswitches). ]

Worst idea that popped up so far in this thread... It's even more showing that this additional thread doesn't lead to a conclusion but adds more brainstorming activities that keeps the controller from actually being fabricated, thank you!

@ CK: stop this and just provide a controller, you can always advance with a 2nd version but please provide a first essential version to those who need a useable basic version.

Edited once, last by Bechti ().

• I'm pro simplicity and durability which precludes the modular etc. complicated systems. That's what I was trying to gently imply with my tongue in cheek posting. Maybe too gently, sorry for the derailment. : )

• A somewhat perfect design would be the small version with first and second row swapped.
    It has been shown already in an earlier thread
    Wouldn't still fulfill the wish of the majority to have the rig change on first row.
    But Tap were on first row and rig buttons and bank buttons were close together.

• A somewhat perfect design would be the small version with first and second row swapped.
    It has been shown already in an earlier thread
    Wouldn't still fulfill the wish of the majority to have the rig change on first row.
    But Tap were on first row and rig buttons and bank buttons were close together.

That would be perfect for me!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• A somewhat perfect design would be the small version with first and second row swapped. It has been shown already in an earlier thread
    Wouldn't still fulfill the wish of the majority to have the rig change on first row. But Tap were on first row and rig buttons and bank buttons were close together.

After a second though this might really be "the solution". Using stomp boxes and tap with direct access, and changing rigs with a little more care... sounds very practically... so Christoph, when can we expect a Kemper pedal solution?