The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• Hello,

Looking at the drawings, I get the feeling you are planning a design where all switches are on the same height level. I would kindly suggest to create a pedal in a way so that all the rows would be on different height. That way there would be smaller risk of accidental switching of wrong buttons. Mis-aligning the switches would also be a good idea, again for making it easier to hit the right switch. How Behringer foot pedal is designed supports this idea, although the build quality and programming difficulty makes this pedal not that great. Yamaha MFC10 is also similar by design, G Lab GSC-3, Roland FC300 too... Fractal MFC 101 looks very good and robust, but could made better by mis-aligning the switches. I'm new here, so pardon me if the topic has been previously beaten to death. I'm sure whatever you release will be great with KPA!

EDIT: One more important thing, please don't share functions of the tuner switch! Tuner must be accessible very fast. Sharing a function, holding and waiting while it activates is not good at all, often we only have 2 seconds on stage to check the tuning and if that time is lost while waiting for the tuner to start we can't use it and need to rely on another device. Thanks!

Another EDIT: Any midi controller would work with KPA, but Tuner function would make this device a must-have for every KPA user, so... please, make it very good ;)

Edited 3 times, last by Eventech ().

• I like the bigger of the two as the tap location will be easier to use

• Whatever version is chosen , there will be still thousands people outside wanting something else, bigger or smaller , with/without this or that function or button .

So, it is a time to stop talking , choose one of them and start with production .

Now the question - what is estimated delivery date ???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• +1. And also...is the "looper" in reference to the effects loop or a looper as is sampling phrases and playing them back. If the later, can't wait. If you could please, please include the functionality to reverse the looper playback you would make me a very happy man.

• Instead of a 5th preset switch along the bottom, how about this...

You have a mode called "shot" or "bang" mode: this mode would allow you to cue up changes and then make them all happen simultaneously when you hit the "shot" switch.

Workflow being...

hit the "shot" switch to go into cue mode.
    Hit a preset switch to select an amp profile.
    Hit one or more upper switches to change the effect on/off states.
    Hit the "shot" switch again, and your state changes will be processed all at once.

This is the kind of thing that would allow the live stage workflow to still be quite traditional, whilst benefiting from the technology of the unit. I'm not really the kind of player who would want a whole rig preset per sound in a song. But I often want to change multiple things at once on the downbeat of a bar in a song.

• The bigger pedal is ideal. I like less movement with my right foot for banking up and down and the placement is great vs the smaller one. Also, I prefer that the display is more centered as it is on the bigger one. As everyone has their own prefrences, I would like a pedal onboard, but as is it is great!

Is it because light travels faster than sound that you appear to bright until you strum a chord?

• I would prefer the smaller one, or at least one which will fit in a bag with the kemper. I know that neither of these two will fit the current bag but it would be great if they made a new bag to fit them both together! Plus tap tempo is the sort of thing I would use maybe once or twice in a gig so the ease of carrying would be way more useful to me personally..

• I would prefer the smaller one, or at least one which will fit in a bag with the kemper. I know that neither of these two will fit the current bag but it would be great if they made a new bag to fit them both together! Plus tap tempo is the sort of thing I would use maybe once or twice in a gig so the ease of carrying would be way more useful to me personally..

or included the bag within the FC so we don't have to spend our time to make a custom gigbag for the footcontroller :thumbup: