What does E on the screen mean?

• I'm sure i've asked this in the past (and was answered by the moderators) but i cant find where...

What does the "E" in the corner of the screen mean (performance mode) ?

I thought it referred to an edited performance but all my performances are saved and not in a state of edit. Have even tried unlocking all modules and the E persists when i move between performance banks. (running v8.2.2)

• E means „edited“.

The Rig or Performance has been edited since you‘ve loaded it.

If you lock something, this counts as „editing“, since it does not match the stored version anymore directly after loading.

If it is „always on“ you probably have locked something. You can locate the locked section by keeping the LOCK key pressed and check the LEDs.

• E means „edited“.

The Rig or Performance has been edited since you‘ve loaded it.

If you lock something, this counts as „editing“, since it does not match the stored version anymore directly after loading.

If it is „always on“ you probably have locked something. You can locate the locked section by keeping the LOCK key pressed and check the LEDs.

Wouldn't it be helpful if the display could distinguish between "something is locked" (L) and "at least one parameter has been edited" (E).

If both apply "L/E" could be displayed

• True! If your Wah is locked, each Rig you load is edited by definition, because if you store it that moment it gets stored including that Wah and not in the state it had been stored before.

• True! If your Wah is locked, each Rig you load is edited by definition, because if you store it that moment it gets stored including that Wah and not in the state it had been stored before.

...and I guess if you store it with the locked wah, then things are back to normal afterwards? (since the wah settings are no longer "new").

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The algorithm doesn't compare parameter by parameter. It's simply: you load a Rig and a locked modules overwrites the original.

i can’t find anything locked. I’m still getting the “E”. Does a tempo lock count? Does having the input section locked count too?

Perhaps the E notification is a bit too keen as all my performances as showing E which doesn’t really help track down any meaningful changes.

I recall on the last two updates that all my rigs showed as edited as the undo light was present even when loading fresh recalls. The only way round this was to manually save every single rig. And had to again with the following os update, which makes me reluctant to upgrade again. I had contacted support for this and the solution was to do as i done and manually save every single rig. A painstaking task to say the least.

• i think this better explains it- shows my "E" indicator problems in performance mode and the issues in browse mode, related to edits/undo

BTW- rig manager is not connected during this video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Update to the latest Release (8.5.8)

I am considering that but not looking forward to having to re-save every single rig in case there's the "undo" problem i had to deal with following the last two updates.

Can you confirm these problems will vanish in 8.5.8 ?

Otherwise i can live with it as it is for now. Whilst in the midst of gigging, the current stability outweighs the need for ipad-editing.

• Update to the latest Release (8.5.8)

so i done the upgrade to 8.5.8, as advised, and had the “undo” bug to contend with, again!!

Not my idea of productive time to have to resave every single rig in my browse pool to clear a phantom edit in apparent in 99% of my rigs. Quite frustrating to say the least!

The “E” indicator is still present in performance-mode but with the undo button not illuminated it is difficult to trace the source of the alleged “edit” .

Any tips on how to identify the cause of the “edit” the kpa tells me i have ?

• I've asked this and never found out for sure. Nothing locked,everything saved, E still there. My guess was that the rigs in performance mode had been edited from the "original" that I keep on browser mode. Performance mode E telling me that the rig has been edited since created. That would explain why the E remains, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of that. Maybe if I load a rig that is "untouched" in there the E will go away,if it doesn't then I don't have an answer. I'm sure there are a set of conditions that would make the E show or not. I've just learned to ignore it like the tempo lights & occasional flashes on the controller since finding out that is typical. I care more about the sound which makes me forget all the niggles.

• I tried loading a "virgin" rig and the E was still there. I tried loading them across all slots, I tried loading it solo in a new cleared performance but couldn't get it to go away no matter what I tried. If it ever did go away I'd like to know under what circumstances so I could possibly better understand what it means. It doesn't affect anything, but I always like to know as much as I can about what's being displayed and why.