Wah overdriving in front of amp

• Hi folks, i'm struggling to get a decent clean disco Wah sound when the Wah is placed in stomp block before amp.

With the Wah block's volume parameter at 0, there's a noticeable volume drop when the Wah is engaged. But if i wind the volume up by the necessary amount - say +2db - it adds gain given it's now driving the front of the amp and that sounds crap.

If i place the Wah after the amp, with the volume +2db, it works well. But this takes up a really valuable post block i'd prefer not to be using.

I'm using the Morgan AC20 amp, with the gain set low.

Do others have the same or am I doing something wrong? For patches requiring Wah should I switch to a higher head-room clean amp that won't distort with the Wah in front?

cheers

• Does it distort with gain at minimum on the AC20?

With a narrow peak, the wah engaged may sound weaker but the strong peaks will still distort the amp input.

haven’t actually tried with gain at zero. It’s pretty low - about 1.8. I’ll have to try at zero just to see

• You would need to morph the volume or put a boost pedal in Block X and link the On/Off status to the same switch as the Wah

ah ok yep can’t do that.

Firstly coz I don’t have a spare block to stick a boost- particularly after amp, as I need those for eq, stereo widener and stereo effects and reverb which are on every patch.. only 4 post slots really kills me! But I also don’t have a switch for wah - I have it set to auto turn on or off based on movement, no foot switch.

Morph is no good either - good idea, but I have enough buttons to be pressing and other stuff going on with logistics (page turns, guitar swaps, patch changes etc) to worry about adding in another button press just for wah ?

I will do some more experiments on the weekend