Switching Cabs in RM

• Hey everyone,

Was watching a Tone Junkie episode last night and he was using the "one cab trick". I feel this will be very useful in getting all my different profiles in my performance to sound somewhat similar in tone and volume. I noticed however that I can't seem to make cab changes in the software. Is this just a feature that can't be accessed with RM? I finally figured out that it's pretty easy to do on the Kemper but a little time consuming scrolling through all the different cabs. Has any one else tried this trick?

• I load the rig from anywhere - from Profiler or RM. Then save the cab from the Kemper as it can't be saved from RM. Once the cab is saved on the Kemper it can be accessed from RM by right clicking on the cab icon and choosing it. Not the greatest work flow IMO, but it works.

BTW, at times I choose the cab I want in RM and lock it. Then I can choose any other rig and keep the cab unchanged.

• BTW, at times I choose the cab I want in RM and lock it. Then I can choose any other rig and keep the cab unchanged.

This is what tone junkie demonstrates in his video. I know I can choose the cab from the Kemper and then lock it. Is there a way to chose the same cab automatically for the rest of the rigs in the performance?

• Hey everyone,

Was watching a Tone Junkie episode last night and he was using the "one cab trick". I feel this will be very useful in getting all my different profiles in my performance to sound somewhat similar in tone and volume. I noticed however that I can't seem to make cab changes in the software. Is this just a feature that can't be accessed with RM? I finally figured out that it's pretty easy to do on the Kemper but a little time consuming scrolling through all the different cabs. Has any one else tried this trick?

Hello sdeyoung,

There is a few ways to do it within the RM Editor. One of the easiest ways I have found is to make a new (sub)folder under the Local Presets tab in RM. You could name this new folder "sdeyoung cabs",. This is the location you will store your Cab presets. The following instructions are based upon running Rig Manager for Windows...but a similar method would be used for MacOS.

After you have created this folder (remember, it must be located as a subfolder under the Local Presets folder), right click on the folder, and select the option to open up a separate Rig Manger window/session. So, now you have the main Rig Manager window showing the Editor, and another window showing the empty, new Cabinet Preset folder.

On the main Rig Manager window, load up a rig which has a Cabinet you are interested in using for multiple rigs...because you are now going to save it as a Cabinet Preset. Left click and hold on the Cabinet icon, and drag it over to the new Cabinet Preset window. Drop it in there. The new folder will now contain a copy of the cabinet, stored as a cabinet preset. You should rename the cabinet preset (e.g. sdeyoung Cab #1).

Now, you can close the cab preset window/session, leaving only the main Rig Manager/Editor window open. You will note that the new Cab preset is listed in the new folder you made under the Local Presets. Now, simply load any rig that you want to change cabinets. When the new rig is loaded in the Editor, simply drag and drop the cabinet preset onto the Cabinet block, and boom, the rig now has this new cabinet.

Obviously, you could save a number of different Cabinet presets in the newly created (sub)folder, so there are there and waiting for whenever you want to change cabinets within Rig Manager/Editor.

Hope this explanation makes sense, and is helpful.

Cheers,

John

Edited 3 times, last by Tritium ().

• Hey John,

Thanks for that helpful tip/trick. It works beautifully. I had no idea that I could just drag a profile's cab into that presets folder. Now that I know that this opens up so much more capability for me. I also had no idea I could just drag a cab onto the cab module either. This was super helpful to me. No more scrolling through cab settings on the Kemper, lol. I've only had my stage now for a little over a week but I've learnt so much from this forum. Everybody on here has been so helpful and courteous. You don't see that much on forums nowadays. Just goes to show that I made the right decision with the purchase of my Kemper!