Can't upgrade, my Kemper can't read any USB key

• Hello, I write here with the hope that a user can help me more than the support service, I have had this problem for a long time and I have not found a solution, even writing to support, I do not think it is something of having to take the kemper to a place to repair, which is impossible for me because I do not live in a country where it is easy . The same problem that I have seen a lot around here, my Kemper does not read any USB key, I have tried many Keys, I am in a version that I cannot update from the rig manager, I have tried everything, the last thing I tried was to press the two buttons on page <+> and the message of unable to mount USB appears, with any USB key that I put in it, can someone help me? I have tried to format the USB key so that the kemper copies the two folders where I am going to paste the kaos.bin, formatting in fat32, nothing has worked, I read something about to paste the kaos.bin file directly in the root of the USB stick , but I do not understand

• If support can;t help you, unfortunately its unlikely we can, as they know the KPA better than anyone on here.

sounds like you've tried everything like:

Properly formatted stick

Different sticks

You could set the file structure manually and add the upgrade file directly but sounds like the KPA isn't reading it anyway.

I presume you've tried hard resets but you'll lose your data unless you copy to RM and minimise loss.

• Hi! Thank you for the answer Haven't tried The manual file structure Thing, I will try anything, you refer to manually to Paste the folders that the Kemper supose to make when the usb Stick is inserted?

• This basically means that you should not put the kaos.bin file in one of these folders but right on the pendrive instead. Again, not in a subfolder. See attached picture:

Hi, thanks a lot for the answer, that kaoz.bin must the same kaoz.bin file as my kemper system, or can I Paste a newer one to update the system? Thanks one more time

• Have you considered updating your PROFILER via Rig Manager?

Rig Manager will automatically perform a two-step update, first from your present OS 5.5.2 to OS 7.3.2, then from OS 7.3.2 to our latest OS 8.5.8.

Rig Manager will automatically perform a two-step update, first from your present OS 5.5.2 to OS 7.3.2, then from OS 7.3.2 to our latest OS 8.5.8.

Hi, thanks for the answer, I'm on the versión 5.5.2.13 wich it Is not posibble to Update via rig manager

My system Version 5.5... doesn't admit Updates via rig manager, that's the thing, I am trappped in such old Version, i want to experience the new interface controls,.. is very frustrating :(

• Please follow our suggestions. I had tested and reconfirmed this yesterday before I suggested it. Rig Manager 3.2.43 does recognize and update OS 5.5.2.

You have the following choices:

1. test other USB flash drives

2. update via Rig Manager and hope that the USB flash drive issue disappears

3. send your PROFILER, which is more than 9 years old, for check and repair

If you don't want any of those, you can only stay on OS 5.5.2. There is unfortunately no other way, sorry!

• Thanks to all for the Help! Finally I have my kemper Updated!!

I didn't know that the last Rig manager version can Update via USB cable that kemper system Version (5.5.2) I think in the Past this was Impossible.

Support Send me the last rig manager version link, and that's all..

The differences between 5.5.2 and the last OS are omg!! I'm gonna have a good time

Thanks a lot

• Good news, Kemper support is the best!