Started to take it for granted

• I bought the Stage when it was released back in August of 2019 and was impressed from the start. Since then I have had a few tube amps in and out of the home studio, currently I have a Rockerverb 50 MKii and an Archon 50. I love my amps but I really love tossing my Kemper in a bag and going. I usually run my Stage into an Orange Pedal baby 100 and into a Mesa Lonestar cab. The last 6 months I kept toying with the Idea of getting rid of the Kemper for a Mesa TC50 or something like that but for the second time in two months I was jamming with people and getting compliments on my tone. I guess I have just gotten used to the tones over the years. My main profiles that I tend to play are the Dumble pack from MBritt. Not to plug his stuff but I am just spoiled with great gear and profiles I guess. No real point to this post, just still happy with the Kemper after two years.

• I bought the Stage when it was released back in August of 2019 and was impressed from the start. Since then I have had a few tube amps in and out of the home studio, currently I have a Rockerverb 50 MKii and an Archon 50. I love my amps but I really love tossing my Kemper in a bag and going. I usually run my Stage into an Orange Pedal baby 100 and into a Mesa Lonestar cab. The last 6 months I kept toying with the Idea of getting rid of the Kemper for a Mesa TC50 or something like that but for the second time in two months I was jamming with people and getting compliments on my tone. I guess I have just gotten used to the tones over the years. My main profiles that I tend to play are the Dumble pack from MBritt. Not to plug his stuff but I am just spoiled with great gear and profiles I guess. No real point to this post, just still happy with the Kemper after two years.

How do you like the Pedal Baby? I have a similar setup, but I use a Duncan PowerStage 170. It's fine, but I keep wondering about the Pedal Baby. ?

• I don't miss valve amps at all.

The Kemper gives me:

1) One stop solution for effects etc

2) Near infinite sound options. I truly believe if it doesn't sound good, its how its set up - ergo its me/user error :)

3) compliments on my sound that I've never had

4) The simplest set up I've ever had, sound checks are a breeze

Its the only piece of equipment that has cured my amp GAS

• For me I love the Stage for practices and live play. I live having the tube amps for home, recording and profiling. I love being able to just reach out and turn the knob if I want more or less of something. When I get a tone I love, I can just profile it and I have it live too.

• I don't miss tubes at all.

Maybe it's because I still have my beloved amps at home. Would I miss them if I sell them?

I don't think so, but, who knows? I think the only future for guitar tube amps is as a reference for modelers/profilers. When a new generation have other sounds in mind, tube amps could be forgotten forever.

• I’m 98% satisfied with my Kemper for recording, and maybe 68% for live.

It’s become my recording amp and it’s almost always incredible. But it stays at home for gigs.

• I’m 98% satisfied with my Kemper for recording, and maybe 68% for live.

It’s become my recording amp and it’s almost always incredible. But it stays at home for gigs.

????

It is now my main amp for everything but if I was going to mix and match I would be more inclined to use valve amps in the studio and the Kemper live.

there are no wrong or right answers. Whatever works for you works for you.

I’m not being judgmental but I am genuinely curious why you found this.

• I have not been satisfied with any of the 2 FRFR solutions I have tried thus far, and I don’t want to keep spending money on more speakers.

I know I can use a traditional cab, and when I’ve done that in the past I have enjoyed my KPA immensely. But at that point I’m losing a big part of what makes the amps sound unique. And if I’m sending a studio profile to FOH I can’t really tell what the audience is hearing.

I know I know…the sound engineer has the final say, and I can’t ever be 100% certain that what I hear on stage translates to the audience anyway. But I like to be reasonably certain that whatI hear is not too far off.

It’s all ok with me. For me, the KPA is a great solution for recording and playing at home. I don’t need it to do more than that!

• Understood.

This is why I like the Kabinet/Kone.

If sending a rig to FOH has a V30 I can pick a V30 for the Kabinet on stage, or Creamback etc. Much closer to what the audience hears, and I get AITR joy.

• I've never seen Fender update a Princeton for free after they deliver it...

Kemper, the gift that keeps giving....

Thank-you thank-you thank-you...

True but you can only turn the knobs so far on the profile before it sounds bad. I can turn the knobs on my Rockerverb all I want and it still sounds like my Rockerverb. The Kemper is actually the only digital solution out there that was designed for people that have and love tube amps.

• True but you can only turn the knobs so far on the profile before it sounds bad. I can turn the knobs on my Rockerverb all I want and it still sounds like my Rockerverb.

Hmm, not sure I fully agree.

What I'm trying to say is that of course they stop being in sync on how they sound as you turn the knobs but its not definitively good or bad,

Conversely not all amps sound good at their extremes.

• Conversely not all amps sound good at their extremes.

Unless it's a Marshall, of course.

I had a JCM 900 playing with a rock band, and since it was dialed up for a fairly high gain sound I had a noise gate at the end of the chain. One day in rehearsal the threshold wasn't set quite right, and I was getting random spurts of noise while we talked between songs. The bass player asked what the heck that was and I said, "That's the sound of a Marshall on 20." He rolled his eyes and said, "Marshalls don't go to 20," so I stepped to one side and pointed to the volume knob.

I can only assume the folks at Marshall have a sense of humor but figured it would be too on the nose if it simply went to 11. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10