Brand new Kemper owner and got a couple questions

• Hello everyone, I just bought my Profiler yesterday and I absolutely love it. There's still a ton for me to sort through but I've got a few general questions that I'm not totally sure where to post.

1. The guys at the shop were super nice and threw in a bunch of profiles for me when I got the Kemper - A ton of Morgans, Friedmans, Marshalls, some Vox amps and Fenders. While they sound really great, I've been looking for profiles of Mesa Boogies, since they're my favorite amps and the sound I'm going for. My preference would be the JP2C and different John Petrucci sounds from different Dream Theater albums, but any other profiles of other Boogies would also be appreciated.

As a side note, if anyone can recommend me names of different reliable, high quality profile makers, that'd be amazing.

2. I also got a Focusrite Scarlett and studio monitors with the Kemper, but I'm having some issues when plugging into Pro Tools and recording. My signal is really low, whenever I record the delay/reverb of the preset turns on but doesn't affect the recording, which I don't understand because I turned it off on the unit itself, and the recording itself doesn't sound nearly as good as playing through the monitors. I'm a total newbie to audio stuff, by the way. Any suggestions / things to read up on?

3. How do I save a preset to my favorites? Is it possible to take a preset and change the cabinet I'm using? What else can I customize?

Thanks!

• Hello and welcome ! :)

For Mesa Boogies , check out Rig Exchange . There´s a lot, and for free :thumbup:

Try different search words like : JP2C , Mark V , Petrucci , Mesa Boogie ......

Question #2 and #3 : Read the manual, it´s all there .... Almost 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• 1 - There are lots of free Mesa profiles on Rig Exchange. There also many great paid for profiles available. However, if we start discussing these here this post will be moved to the Commercial Profile section of the forum by the mods.

2 - I’m not sure if I fully understand your question but I think what you are saying is that you have the Delay an Reverb turned on but they are not being recorded. If that is correct then you need to go to the Output Menu and make sure you have the source for the output you are using set to Master Mono or Master Stereo. If you have it set as Stack it will tap he signal for that output after the Amp and Cabinet. If it shows Mod it will tap the signal after the Modulation block so Stack plus X plus Mod but before Delay and Reverb.

For the low volume, make sure that the volume in the output menu is turned up for the output you are using (Master, Monitor, SPDIF etc). It is possible to unlink volumes from the front panel Master Volume Knob so you may have a volume turned down.

3 - tick the favourite box in Rig Manager or push and hold the Rig button on the KPA

• Hi DareRelaqz,

Welcome to the community and congratulations on getting your Profiler. What model did you get? If not a Stage, did you get the Kemper Remote?

#1 See the last link in this message.

Here's the welcome basket of invaluable resources.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

Download Main Manual 8.5 English

Download the Kemper Rig Packs

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Sounds like the fun is already going on, very good! Enjoy this incredible machine as much as most of us here do :thumbup:8)

Can just agree with what the folks have said already. Definitely there are great Mesa Boogie profiles out there. Start at the RigExchange and maybe also with a search through the forum here. Indeed Mr. Massois has given us some incredible profiles for free (thanks so much djemass ). Cool stuff :)

Maybe look here Gerald MASSOIS (DJEMASS) - Backup

• Guidorist has a really nice mesa profile in the free rig packs. GB - Mebo Sing Rect 808. I heard he also has some nice premium profiles although I only use free stuff so far.

Check your Output Settings > Main Output should be set to Master Stereo if you have the Kempers Main Outputs connected to the Focusrite's Left and Right Inputs., or set to Master Mono if just using one cable.

Check the first pic on this post for connections...

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Following on from what BayouTexan said, most commercial profile sellers have their own “style” or sound. A good way to find which profilers you like is to go through the factory content free rig packs. Once you find someone who’s general sound is to your liking you can explore their specific commercial packs for the specific amps you want.

• Wheresthedug I actually completely miswrote my second question, apologies.

The delay and reverb from the Kemper itself work and affect the recording, so that's all fine, but I seem to be getting delay and reverb from Pro Tools First itself, and only when recording. I have absolutely no idea how to turn this off, and even being a bedroom guitarist only it really, really messes me up when I try to recorded, especially heavy stuff that needs to be tight and palm muted.

And everyone else, thanks for all the other answers! I'm glad to be here!

• Wheresthedug I actually completely miswrote my second question, apologies.

The delay and reverb from the Kemper itself work and affect the recording, so that's all fine, but I seem to be getting delay and reverb from Pro Tools First itself, and only when recording. I have absolutely no idea how to turn this off, and even being a bedroom guitarist only it really, really messes me up when I try to recorded, especially heavy stuff that needs to be tight and palm muted.

And everyone else, thanks for all the other answers! I'm glad to be here!

Just to clarify, are you referring to a Delay effect or a delay between playing the note and hearing it on ProTools (latency)?

• i think what you mean with "delay" is called latency. a complex topic. better ask in the avid forum or look it up in the Pro Tools manual how to minimalize it.

first aid hint: decrease your pro tools buffer size till you get pops and noises while recording.

• I'm actually not familiar with Pro Tools at all (I was trying to record today and whenever I trimmed a track it just kept moving it backwards and messing everything up), but I'll give latency a look. Is the buffer thing too complicated to explain here? I'm not familiar with that either.