using a usb stick for making and playing sets

• That's what I and many others do.

I use a wireless blutooth MIDI adapter plugged into my PROFILER. And when I change a song in Bandhelper it loads the corresponding Performance via MIDI independent of its Performance location. My band mates share set-lists for concerts within Bandhelper. During the concert I just load the next song according to tha active set-list in Bandhelper and the PROFILER jumps to the corresponding Performance. I never reshuffle Performances.

But what do you do when playing for different Bands with different SetLists?
    It would be a good Idea to have a export/import for all the Performances in a row (Call it setlist export/import).
    Also when multiple Bands playing with the same Backline on Festivals this would be a nice feature.

Be the force with you ;)

• Thank you all for your contributions, but now about my problem....

I never have worked with performances, only in Browser Mode. Live I always call up an assigned rig through my midipedal and there it is.

OK, I can use midi assigns from 0 to 63 for band 1 and 64 to 127 for band 2.

But my question is: can I make a (midi assigned) setlist for 1 (one) band that has (lets'say) 35 songs on a usb stick (with an empty Profiler) and use that same assignment for (let's say 40 songs for another band for which I assign those songs to those same midi numbers and another 5 songs more for new assignments: 36 to 40...! Is this all possible?

IN SHORT:

stick one: band one 35 songs

song A rhythm midi 1

lead midi 2

song B rhythm midi 3

lead midi 4 etc.

stick two band two 40 other songs

song 1 rhythm midi 1

song 2 rhythm midi 2

lead midi 3 etc.

song 3 lead midi 4

IMHO... Since the profiler is empty until it receives a stick it will automatically go to the first pressed midi assigned rig (regardless if it's SONG A (on stick 1) or SONG 1 (on stick 2). Is this right?

If YES, is this way of using a usb stick (or different setlistmaking USB sticks) at all possible in Browser Mode with a midi pedal?

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• A USB stick is a backup medium and not an extension of the available memory space in the Profiler. You need to load or import data from the stick into the Profiler in order to be able to access it in realtime.

You are better off familiarising yourself with the possibilities that perform mode offers if you want to get the most out of your Profiler.

• I use OnSong and create setlists that will change my Kemper rig via midi. There are many programs that can do this, even a basic DAW

For simpler setup I use Kemper in Performance mode and just use one bank of 5 performances.

You can only program 128 different rigs with midi, so really how many different amps do you need? I think you would be better off simplifying and using fewer amp rigs. I can get by with 15 performances and play over 300 song choices.

Maybe start seeing how much you can tweak one amp to cover many things, you might be surprised.