FREE !! Wizard MTL Test Profiles [ElevenEleven Studios]

• Hey guys,

Just started profiling my Wizard MTL for an upcoming pack and wanted to share a couple samples to get some opinions here before I go any further. Both are studio profiles of the lead channel into a Marshall 1960BX Greenback loaded cab with an SM7b + Royer 121 blend. T1 is with the boost knob engaged and T2 is without.

Feedback would be HUGELY appreciated...either here or via private message if you prefer.

Does it rock?

Does it suck?

My feelings won't be hurt either way. So please - help me help you.

EDIT - added 2 new test profiles. Please download and let me know what you think.

• Hi and thanks for sharing the profiles for the test and for asking for the feedback here. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

Unfortunately both do not really do the trick for me. Missing the meat, especially in the mids. Way too much bass for my taste. Highs are okay. I like the Marshall cab and the SM7B in your CCV pack so potentially it is really the amp here or how it is dialed in. Well, I never had a Wizard in my hands so not sure about that. CCV is way more aggressive and punchy for my taste.

• P.S.: Just checked some other profiles from you incl. the CCV pack. Mostly I dial the bass back a bit to make them mix ready for me. True for different guitars (PRS, Ibanez, Fender), listening via studio monitors but as well via Kemper Kone. Very consistent.

• I like the higher gain one. It sounds great with my usual preferred Studio EQ settings and a Low Cut at around 115Hz. It also doubles up as a usable lead tone with the baked in delay turned on. I preferred the reverb off on both of the profiles but that's not unusual for me.

It's late here so I only tested these with my studio monitors tonight. I'll try through my Kone and will report back again.

• Thanks to all who took the time to comment. Your feedback is valuable. I’m still learning to dial in the amp since there are a lot of tone-shaping options available in addition to bass, mid, treble (gain, saturation, boost, shift, etc). Wizards are known to be very clear and articulate amps even at higher gain settings. The challenge is capturing that magic in the profiles. Stay tuned....

• Thanks for sharing! For my taste there is way too much rumble in the bass. It sounds very woofy. Pretty hard to eq too, because getting rid of (most of) the rumble makes the profiles pretty thin and lifeless. Boosting the mids where needed makes the profiles sound rather fake.

• The new profiles are a big step up!! I couldn't get the bass in the older version that tight with eq. That shows how a great tone from the source is better than trying to fix later with too much eq. Maybe a tiny bit fuller body is now needed for perfection.

• Thanks for sharing! For my taste there is way too much rumble in the bass. It sounds very woofy. Pretty hard to eq too, because getting rid of (most of) the rumble makes the profiles pretty thin and lifeless. Boosting the mids where needed makes the profiles sound rather fake.

Ok I've only so far tried the profile with a active emg57 and I can't say it was boomy. Just perfect.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Ok I've only so far tried the profile with a active emg57 and I can't say it was boomy. Just perfect.

You are talking about Test1 or Test2 Profiles? My first statement was about the first run. There is a WORLD of difference between these and the Test2 rigs are not boomy anymore

• You are talking about Test1 or Test2 Profiles? My first statement was about the first run. There is a WORLD of difference between these and the Test2 rigs are not boomy anymore

i tried the Test 1 and Test 2 and i really like rig Wiz MTL T1 and it didnt sound boomy.

Guitar: Fender Strat HSS<3 Schecter Custom Solo II

Signal Chain: Kemper->AxeFX 3>Neural QC>Apollo Twin->M-Audio Monitors

Computer:Mac Studio

• You are talking about Test1 or Test2 Profiles? My first statement was about the first run. There is a WORLD of difference between these and the Test2 rigs are not boomy anymore

Ok now I see. It was the one with 57/121 mics and I had a od pedal on too.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau